25 Sources for Protein

I don’t normally have an issue getting sufficient protein but this is a good reminder. :)

In my opinion seitan is by far one of the best sources of protein. I usually make a huge batch and freeze half of it. It's always handy to pull out some frozen seitan for making curries, pasties, stews or cottage pie.

Reactions: Val
In my opinion seitan is by far one of the best sources of protein. I usually make a huge batch and freeze half of it. It's always handy to pull out some frozen seitan for making curries, pasties, stews or cottage pie.
I just took some seitan pieces out for tonight's dinner. I'm going to make a seitan quesadilla.

Reactions: shyvas
Least of my worries.....:|
I should probably think more about calcium--my goal was dark greens daily, but when I don't I don't for some time!
I used to do green smoothies, and now that I'm in my new morning groove I should start back up!

I mean seriously, I can see this as a new vegan issue, but unless you're raw or fruitarian it's really no problem!
Eat beans nuts tofu tempeh seitan seeds whole grains a day and your good!

Reactions: Lou
Couldn’t find a protein list, only a website that looks similar to peta2... Anyways, like some other people here I would be more interested in iron, calcium, magnesium rich foods :)

I've had zero problems getting enough protein and haven't made a habit of seitan or tofu, fake meat from a store or made in my kitchen. I try to get 40 grams (when I look at it on rare occasions in cronometer), and often have more than 40 grams without trying. Just greens and beans, grains, vegetables fruit, very little nuts or seeds. (except some flax)

cronometer.png

• Love
Reactions: Lou
I've had zero problems getting enough protein and haven't made a habit of seitan or tofu, fake meat from a store or made in my kitchen. I try to get 40 grams (when I look at it on rare occasions in cronometer), and often have more than 40 grams without trying. Just greens and beans, grains, vegetables fruit, very little nuts or seeds. (except some flax)

cronometer.png
What did you make with kidney beans, chickpeas, cauliflower, etc.
Might be something I would like.

Reactions: feather
It was from last month. @Lou probably kidney beans a couple tsp of chopped onions, vinegar, freshly ground black pepper, salt, one of my favorite cold salads. Chickpeas w/cauliflower, may have blended the cauliflower into a sauce, with herbs, flavorings....just a side to pasta. Asparagus we cook, eat alone, it's one of our favorites. The simpler, the easier. My husbands favorite simple meal is corn, gr beans, potato wedges, or potatoes with baked beans on the other side of the plate, quick and done.