News 2016 U.S. Presidential election - the highs and lows

I don't know about that - from what I'm reading, the popular opinion is that Trump is the "winner" of tonight's debate.

I'm not too pleased with anyone. It's all just entertainment at this point. Same old rhetoric from all sides. None of them can fix the issues they claim to have solutions for. The smart ones realize this and say what they need to say to get elected. The dumb ones actually believe what they're saying. Either way, the rhetoric doesn't impress me anymore. Anyone can point at a heap of turds and correctly identify it as a heap of turds, but none of them know how to get rid of it without getting covered in **** in the process. Sorry for my middle school caliber comparison.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
I might not be talking about any of the candidates until closer into the new year but, since I decided to be born on the second tuesday of November in 1977 , i am risking to celebrate my Birthday next year on presidential election day.. I will be planning a election themed birthday party on that evening.

Donald Trump's anti-Mexican rhetoric resonates well with many Republicans and conservatives. On top of that, there are a lot of Republicans in the race, so potential supporters are spread thin. Trump's stock will quickly plummet when these clowns start debating each other.

Nailed it.

Nailed it I did not. #Yoda
A Reuters/Ipsos poll found Trump's support unchanged from the week prior to the debate, at 24 percent, with his nearest rival being Jeb Bush, at 12 percent. A poll from Morning Consult actually found Trump's support increasing 7 points after the debate, to 32 percent (with Bush in second, at 11 percent). And an NBC/Survey Monkey poll found Trump at 23 percent, with his closest competitor Ted Cruz, at 13 percent.

The Republican Party is in bigger trouble than I thought.

Nailed it I did not. #Yoda

The Republican Party is in bigger trouble than I thought.
I read today that a Rasmussen (?) poll showed he had lost a significant portion of support and more than half of Republican voters had a lower opinion of Trump after the debate.

In other news, it seems pretty evident that the debate and questions were deliberately framed in a way to put Trump at a disadvantage. Of course, that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows a bit about the relationship between Fox News and the Republican party

I'm no fan of Ms. "Of Course Santa Clause Is White", but she didn't ask any unfair questions during the debate, and is now getting death threats. Report: Megyn Kelly Getting Death Threats From Donald Trump Supporters « CBS DC

Roger Ailes and Trump are friends, and Trump is great for Fox's ratings.

One Fox personality told me that Fox producers gave instructions to tell in-house talent not to bring up Trump’s controversial comments that Kelly had “blood coming out of her wherever” during the debate. According to one count, Fox only aired Trump’s comment once since Friday, while CNN mentioned it at least 50 times.

Why Donald Trump got the best of Fox News - The Washington Post

Members of Aerosmith are supporting Trump. Very disappointing as I really like them.

This was my favourite part:
But then, on July 25th, Huckabee gave an interview to Breitbart News in which he shamelessly invoked Godwin's Law, saying that Barack Obama's deal with Iran "would take the Israelis and basically march them to the door of the oven." [...] But far from being deterred by all of the negative attention, Huckabee shrewdly embraced it. Much like the Donald, Huckabee swallowed up the negative press energy like a Pac-Man and steamed ahead, and was soon climbing in the polls again.

Edit: Well, the gay lawnmower was funny too ...

Seems like "The election thread 2016 - the lows and the very-very-lows" might be a more fitting title.