TV & Film Your least favorite overrated movies

Forrest Gump. Biggest piece of reactionary garbage I've ever seen in my life. :yuck:

Also the original Stargate movie. I barely got through it, it was boring as hell.

Forrest Gump. Biggest piece of reactionary garbage I've ever seen in my life. :yuck:

I really liked Forrest Gump, actually. I hadn't seen it until recently, oddly enough.

I guess your disagreement is the reason you posted it in this thread though.

forrest_gump_all_i_have_to_say.png

The Impossible with Naomi Watts was pretty good and it brought more attention to the plight of the people there I'm sure but I just thought they were going to show a lot more of the tsunami.

The movie was not really what I expected.:(

I liked that one line in Forrest Gump after he gets all the money, and he says, "One less thing to worry about" (paraphrased, I saw the movie a million years ago.) I thought that was a great attitude. :)
You should watch it again one of these days - a rainy day would be the perfect time. :) Good goddamn, I love that movie.

Reactions: ledboots
WTF was said at the end of Lost In Translation?? I want to know dammit!

There are 2 theories;

1. "I love you. Don't forget to tell the truth."

2. "This, above all; To thine own self be true."

As much as I hate that film, I prefer option 2, as it's from Hamlet, and earlier in the film, Bill Murray's character says he should "be doing a play somewhere."

ET, I just do not remember liking that movie and I do not want to watch it again to see why.

Near the end, it does get heart-wrenchingly sad.

I only saw E.T. for the first time when I was about 22. Drew Barrymore was so cute.:D
I liked E.T.- it's sci-fi, AND it's not violent (except maybe for)...
the part near the end when they drive off with the plastic quarantine passageway still attached to the truck, with the government agents still inside, and they skid to a stop when Elliot detaches it from the truck. The only thing I really didn't like, and thought was MONUMENTALLY CHEESY, was the part just before that when ET seems to die and then revive.

I liked E.T.- it's sci-fi, AND it's not violent (except maybe for)...
Wow. Tom. What are we calling this thing with resuscitating threads?
Very little I agreed on with the posts in this thread. except that I too loved ET.

I fell asleep during Godzilla - but not sure if anyone thought that was a good movie.