Animal Advocacy Your Favorite Animal Advocacy Organizations

Best Friends is a good place. I've supported them in the past.

I'm sad to say that ATM I'm not financially supporting anybody (terrifically high vet bills all last year and still continuing). I'm writing letters, e-mails, etc. in support of various efforts to get such laws as exist for the protection of cats and dogs extended to birds. (In most places, birds aren't covered by the laws that somewhat protect *pets*.)

I really like Viva! for vegan awareness and the PDSA for the help they give sick animals. I wish all the people paying the RSPCA to euthanise everybody would give to the PDSA instead.

On a smaller scale I can always recommend Huglett's Wood Animal Sanctuary in Sussex (find them on facebook). It's a sanctuary with mainly cows but they take in other farm animals too. The owners are vegan and live extremely austerely so they can give their animals the best.

Love love love The Gentle Barn. Not only do they work with severely abused farm and domestic animals, but at risk kids and adults as well.

"The Gentle Barn is host to abused children, kids recovering from substance abuse, kids on probation, foster kids, and children and adults with mental, emotional, and physical challenges.

Through the interaction with animals, the kids learn forgiveness, courage, strength, leadership skills, trust, empathy, and kindness. The healing that takes place when the kids get together with the animals is miraculous."
http://www.gentlebarn.orgg

Reactions: thefadedone