Yes, We Have No Bananas, We Have No Bananas Today

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
...lines from a really, really old song. :p

What are your favorite fruits and berries?

Mine:
apples
mangoes
peaches, plums, nectarines, watermelon, grapes, cherries (ah, summer! what would the season be without these?)
blueberries

bananas, not so much. :p

Cherries
Blackberries
Strawberries
Raspberries
Lemons
Apricots
Mangoes
Grapes
Limes
Watermelon
Figs
Peaches
Blueberries
Grapefruit
Pears
Bananas
Oranges
Pluots

Watermelon
Peaches
Plums
Cherries
Pears

I hate that I can't help buying into the stupid adds that say bananas are one of the five foods that make you fat.
Otherwise they would be on my list, too. I do eat them anyway, but in moderation. :shrug:

ETA: kiwi and pineapple!

Strawberries, blueberries, apples, honeydew, cantaloupe, plums, peaches, cherries, and I LOVE tomatoes . . . but cannot eat them anymore because of stupid GERD. :(

Love bananaaaas! I enjoy all fruit.
Grapefruit would be the only one I'm not too fond of-can't get past the bitter.
Cherries are way out of the budget else we would consume mass quantities.
There are few things as wonderful as a fresh,juicy, ripe peach or nectarine.
I eat lots of mangoes in the summer as they are plentiful and cheap.

All fruit except for grapefruit.

My favourite ones are ; strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, peaches, apricots and cox apples.:drool:

I like most fruits. I can't think of one I dislike. My favorites are apples, strawberries, tomatoes, watermelon, grapes....

hey I used to sing that song at school when we did the war.

Anyway!
I've never met a fruit I didn't like.
Top id say are areee Mango, cherry, banana & pineapple in that order, oo and watermelon. although im going through a passionfruit phase at the moment. 3 for £1 in tescos ukers!
Least favourite are apple & grape. I'll eat them and enjoy them but not as much as the others, as theyre quite boring.
Im allergic to Strawberries but LOVE them. I am also allergic to Kiwi but I havent eaten one in years so dont actually know what they taste like.

I forgot to mention pineapple. A really ripe, sweet pineapple makes a lovely smoothie when mixed with orange and strawberries or raspberries.

Reactions: thefadedone
I love nectarines & pineapple! & blueberries & strawberries are some of my favourites too.

Not so much a fan of banana either. HATE watermelon.

This thread reminded me I have pineapple in the kitchen which I'd forgotten about. Yay!

-Raspberries
-Blueberries
-Mangoes
-Strawberries
-Watermelon
-Cherries
-Apples
-Peaches
-Dates
-Oranges
-Pears

Don't like Pineapple at all and cantaloupe only a little :)

Oh yeah, dates! I was lucky enough to get fresh dates once from a year-round farmer's market. So different from the dried ones! They were a soft light gold color and still on their stalks.

Mmm fruit & berries .... My favourites are blueberries, avocado, kiwi, cloud berries (in home-made desserts or on fresh home-baked bread or waffles etc.), lingon berries (same serving requirements as cloud berries), raspberries, high quality strawberries (typically smaller, firmer and sweeter). I eat bananas every day with my breakfast, and love 'em.