Would you use a Death Note?

I wouldn't use it simply because anyone who uses it can't go to heaven or hell. I'm not a fan of limbo.

Do the gods have names and faces? I'd put then in the notebook too.

"The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die."

That pretty much rules out everything except humans. Shinigami cannot be killed by the Death Note - they can be killed, but it's much harder to pull off and requires much trickery.

I wouldn't use it simply because anyone who uses it can't go to heaven or hell. I'm not a fan of limbo.

Something said in the series ("When humans die, the place they go is Nothingness") leads me to believe that maybe this rule is just a bit of fluffy paranoia. Maybe humans don't go to heaven or hell anyway. That would make the rule in the Death Note perfectly right - the human that uses this note shall not go to heaven or hell. That's true, but it's also true of every other human, Death Note or not. If this was the case, would you use it then?

I would never use it.
1. The guilt, 2. You never know how something is going to end up. Kill Hitler and someone worse could fill the void. Nope.

I would never use it.
1. The guilt, 2. You never know how something is going to end up. Kill Hitler and someone worse could fill the void. Nope.

#2 is only an issue because of #1 anyway. The outcome could be just as bad whether you intervene or not, but by doing nothing you don't blame yourself (unless you do blame yourself for having the power and not using it, in which case you're stuffed either way).

Damn it would be tempting though I have no doubt I'd regret using such a thing. Best if I never found one.

I would rather have a book that helped me distance myself from annoying people or jerks, and make them invisible to me, kind of like a real life ignore or block feature.
I like this idea!

It would be tempting on a few people I can think of, but no, I wouldn't want to use it.