Windows 10 - suddenly have browser as background, livid!

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi Folks,

I am setting up our new game computer, have installed Windows 10, had to upgrade Java and suddenly, everything is bonkers, I can not see my background or icons any more, and can't find how I can turn it off again :mad:

I HATE THAT CRAP THAT INSTALLS OR CHANGES ITSELF TO "HELP" YOU :mad::mad::mad:

So ... does anybody have an idea what that might be and how I could get rid of it again?

Best regards,
Andy

OK, could resolve it ... MALWARE, called "Webbar" :-(

Had been installed when I was downloading some Minecraft stuff for my kids.
Now I have installed the trial version of a software called "Malwarebytes" that was able to remove a total of 366 background malware entries in my system registry :mad:

Sadly, I am not very tech savvy but I hope it gets sorted out.

OK, could resolve it ... MALWARE, called "Webbar" :-(

Had been installed when I was downloading some Minecraft stuff for my kids.
Now I have installed the trial version of a software called "Malwarebytes" that was able to remove a total of 366 background malware entries in my system registry :mad:
I used to scan my computers regularly for malware etc. using a free program called Spybot but windows 10 gave us Windows Defender and made us too dependent on Microsoft. I hate Windows 10 and would rather use Linux. I do have Ubuntu (Linux) on one laptop but I use Google Earth a lot and can'g get that to work in Ubuntu.
Thanks to your post I have re-installed Spybot and scanned my computer with it. It has identified (and fixed) an awful lot of spyware and malware!

Last edited: