Why do women wear makeup and nail polish?

Consistency

Forum Practitioner
Banned
Reaction score
I never understood why women wear it since it hides their beauty. Many women I asked said because it makes them look pretty but it doesn't.

Whenever I see women with makeup and nail polish; I honestly get confused(deer in the headlights) by who/what I am looking at. It's like I'm looking at a doll and have an aversion to them.

Whenever I see women without make up and nail polish; my subconscious primal urges kick in and I'm naturally sociable.

Any ideas why women wear makeup when it's counteractive?

I honestly feel like it's the advertising that gets into their heads saying that it will make them look beautiful. I hate make up. The only time I ever wear it is for halloween or when I'm dressing up as a clown ( I do actually do this, it's not a stab to make people upset )

I honestly feel like it's the advertising that gets into their heads saying that it will make them look beautiful. I hate make up. The only time I ever wear it is for halloween or when I'm dressing up as a clown ( I do actually do this, it's not a stab to make people upset )

I used to work with a female who would come in in the mornings with baggy eyes, often hungover and within a few moments transform herself into clear eyed, perky female with tighter looking skin than she came in with. To her, it was to make herself presentable (it was a public job).

Generally though, I think makeup is worn for the purpose of attraction through a kind of deception, however slight.

Life holds a multitude of mysteries for me that I know will never be resolved. On the theme of this thread why plunging necklines and exposures of thighs? Why high heeled shoes? Why huge dangly suspensions from ears?

On a different theme a great mystery is why the apparently obligatory sex scenes on film and TV? I either avoid such programmes altogether or look away when a relatively minor “juicy” bit occurs.
A rare piece of wisdom expressed in a Yorkshire pub: Sex should be a private thing between two people. It should not be treated as a spectator sport.

Roger.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlyssiaBeth
Not every1 has beauty. I am UGLY.

Since I have no looks I do it so I look less gross.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that noticed he said he has to have primal urges to merely socialize with women? What is even going on in this post? Sir are you from a culture where women are covered from head to toe and make to stay in the house, so talking to female of any sort is an erotic encounter?

Reactions: TofuRobot and kelli