Who's Cookin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to make lasagna (spinach & sweep potato plus mince) in my slow cooker.

However, it can be very tricky as you have to get the moisture/liquid content just right. If you add too much liquid, you end up with a stew like pasta dish. If you add to little, you end up with a dry, leftover sort of pasta mush.

The advantage of using a slow cooker is that it's far more savvy than using an oven. It also tastes far better as the juices of all the ingredients mingle, due to the steam of the slow cooker.

Last edited:
I made sesame ginger tofu for New Year's Eve. I think coating the cubes (after pressing the tofu, of course) in a bit of cornstarch really helps get the tofu crispy on the outside when I fry it. I want to make a tofu quiche or maybe veggie pot pie. I'm craving savory foods.

Reactions: Mischief and Val
I made sesame ginger tofu for New Year's Eve. I think coating the cubes (after pressing the tofu, of course) in a bit of cornstarch really helps get the tofu crispy on the outside when I fry it. I want to make a tofu quiche or maybe veggie pot pie. I'm craving savory foods.

I also like crispy food and often use my air fryer to obtain good results.

Quiche used to be one of my favourite dishes, however, I don't like the result with tofu. I also love pastry and pies are my favourite dishes of all times.

Reactions: Val
I also like crispy food and often use my air fryer to obtain good results.

Quiche used to be one of my favourite dishes, however, I don't like the result with tofu. I also love pastry and pies are my favourite dishes of all times.
Pies, both sweet and savory, are one of the great joys in life. :)

I made a big batch of butternut & lentil Madras style curry. Brown rice. A huge batch of coleslaw made with white cabbage, carrots, avocados plus a French mustard dressing.
I have frozen a few servings of curry so that I can have some ready meals on hand.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Hello, @shyvas !:wave: I wanted to thank you for the recipe of oil-free fritters you advised me recently,- it turned out pretty well.:hug: :thanks:

This morning I diced a potato and simmered it with curry paste, then added some garbanzos I cooked yesterday and stirred in fresh spinach. It was really good! I think most curries are so over complicated!

I love tofu quiche! I never liked it with egg- cause eggs. I'll make one this weekend, on a hash brown crust as usual. This time it will have cheese because Daiya was buy one get one free! I have one of each block!

I also have a box of tamarind rice spice mix! I went in a new Indian store and the man who worked at the one down the road is it's new owner! I asked about the Udupi frozen tamarind rice and they were out, but he suggested I try the mix. I just made brown basmati so I'll be making that tomorrow. My son just loves the Udupi! It's not vegan though, something dairy in it, I think ghee.

I also want to make some date, cocoa, walnut bites

There is nothing that beats the taste of quiche made with eggs. I really don't like tofu and only make it if it's either pureed or baked.

I'm making a wholewheat lasagna with vegetables, brown lentils and tofu 'ricotta' in my slow cooker.

I will be making veggie pot pie and marinated tofu for sandwiches.

A large pot of leek & lentil soup. I will use the white parts to make either a tart or some kind of other savoury dish.

It's very humid today, so it will be comforting to have a bowl of hot thick soup for lunch.

I'm going to soak the black beans that I got at Carrefour's yesterday, before I go out.

I'm planning to make a batch of slow cooked black bean & sweet potato chilli and some bean burger for the freezer. We don't get tinned black beans over here so I always have to plan in advance, when making a black bean dish.

I made some black bean & sp burgers. They are not my favourite burgers due to the mushy texture.
I have also made some chickpea puree as I'm going to have a drink with a friend.

I told her that I would bring some nibbles over. So, we'll have cp puree with carrot sticks and red wine.

I'm making a batch of apple compote. I have bought a huge bag of apples that were on sp at Lidl's.

I like to add a spoon of compote to Alpro almond yogurt for dessert. Apple compote is also filling when you need a snack.

Status
Not open for further replies.