Which Political party is best for animals in the US & UK?

Mork

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
The republicans dont seem like the compassionate types to me, infact alot of them are the small hunter types.

But at the same time liberals are turning whole cities into lousy places to live for humans, let alone for animals.

It seems you cant win either way.

What party do you think is best and why?

I admit they have minor differences but both advocate the same flawed economic system. If it becomes obvious that something must be done, the fear of change is not to be taken lightly.

After quite a while humanity learned to at least agree that nothing is not enough to survive... it seems we must now learn that enough is enough.

Im guessing republicans are better for black people white people and animals, despite being compassionate-less bstards, their policies are more logical, better for nearly all, esp long term in which I think they are literally better for all.

All the time I see people fighting one thing and making their cause worse, things seem to work in surprising ways and counter intuitive ways. You think you are helping and you are doing the opposite and vice versa. This happens SO often its makes you unsure if you should do anything at all.

For example I was all for boycotting China/Chinese good but money is just what China needs to make it less of a hell hole. So just imagine if a campaign had been successful. It could also have gone the other way also, but its so hard to predict

Last edited:
Its a bloody mess... no more fat, grumpy, chain-smoking politicians in slightly blemished suits.... someone at least could say what they stood (or rather sat) for! Who would have guessed we would miss em some day...

Let us be honest.... who in their right mind would go into politics when nothing that awaits are Black/White decisions and lousy payment compared to....

....for example no bloody payment at all! Living in a tree, fight squirrels over acorns and chew on bark. It seems like I am lacking sleep because this thought strikes me as something worth refining.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mork
...Im guessing republicans are better for black people white people and animals...

...you think you are helping and you are doing the opposite and vice versa...

...money is just what China needs...
Guess again!

So what do you think will break the circle?

Absolutely everybody needs money.

I can't speak about the UK.
As far as the USA goes, I don't even see how this is a legitimate question.
The Republicans have been pro-business and the Democrats have been pro-environment. I think wildlife (yeah, those are animals, too) are more concerned with clean water and clean air. Now you could point out that it was Nixon that created the EPA. but since then its been Republican administrations that have weakened the EPA and other environmental safeguards. I think it was just last week that Trump relaxed some hunting restrictions.

Democrats are much more open to battling global warming. It was Obama who signed the Paris Accords. It was Trump that took us out of the Paris Accords.

Meanwhile, Democrat senators Booker and Warren have written a bill to end factory farming.

-https://eos.org/articles/environmental-ratings-lowest-ever-for-congressional-republicans

-https://www.timesonline.com/news/20190304/grades-on-environmental-business-scorecards-differ-for-congressional-democrats-republicans/1

-https://www.forbes.com/sites/bowmanmarsico/2019/04/19/democrats-and-republicans-divided-on-climate-change/#7ad1b4031987

-https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warren-cory-booker-join-forces-bill-ban-most-factory-farming-2040-1502699

For the UK, in the last general election of 2019, I point scored the manifestos on animal rights (as well as other things) to help me decide who to vote for. I've still kept my notes and points I awarded (higher is better)

Conservative Party (right wing)
Notes: Animal welfare points waffly, nothing of substance

Labour (left wing)
Notes: prohibit foxhunting and end the cull of badgers, no primates as pets etc

Liberal Democrats (left wing/centrist)
Notes: See page 51 e.g. harsher sentences, ban fur, primates as pets, minimize use of animals in science.

Green Party: (left wing)
Notes: End hunting and legislate for no more factory farming, ban on cages, no primates as pets, cats, dogs in research, regulations on animal transportation.

The Green Party was the best, according to the manifestos.

Reactions: Lou
Guess again!

So what do you think will break the circle?

Absolutely everybody needs money.
With more money comes more education more pets, which means less cruelty and less ignorance(Chinese medicine etc) . They are already a smart people flood those with money and education. Looks like theya re doing it for themselves already in an unstoppable way. They are becoming more and more like the west as conditions improve.

With more money comes more education more pets, which means less cruelty and less ignorance(Chinese medicine etc) . They are already a smart people flood those with money and education. Looks like theya re doing it for themselves already in an unstoppable way. They are becoming more and more like the west as conditions improve.

Westernization has both positive and negative aspects.

The chart below shows the incidence of prediabetes and diabetes among Chinese adults for years 2008 and 2013. Source: Diabetes Journal: Diabetes in China: Epidemiology and Genetic Risk Factors and Their Clinical Utility in Personalized Medication

1593039397979.png