Which are your favorite Vegetarian Foods to cook on the Grill?

thisnthat

Forum Novice
Reaction score
I like anything that's cooked on the grill. I enjoy the flavor, but I also like the idea of cooking and eating outside. So, when you have a cookout, do you grill up some veggies? Some fruits are nice grilled too. Which are your favorite vegetarian choices for cooking on the grill?

For me, I like making my own veggie burgers and grilling those. Also, I agree with you about grilling fruit -- it's delicious doing it that way! My favorite fruits to put on the grill are pineapple and peaches. Pineapple especially is delicious on a veggie burger in a bun too. We also grill a lot of veggies like peppers and onions. So many good things that can be grilled...it makes me happy thinking about the fact that summer is coming and being able to grill all these yummy things will be an almost daily occurrence!

Corn on the cob is my favorite as it has a nice flavor. I also like peppers, but only the yellow and red ones as they seem to taste better. You can find some good sturdy veggie burgers that grill well, and sausages, but not all cook so well on the grill.

I like Cauldron sausages (UK) and in the US Morning Star do some burgers; the mushroom and the black bean burgers are good ones to try.

I like grilling veggie burgers obviously, because then they get that nice char grilled taste. Like Alexia said you have to be careful though because not all hold up to the grill. I also love grilling fruit. Peaches are great, topped with a little vanilla ice cream. Grilled asparagus is a favorite of mine also.

I, too, am a fan of grilled pineapple. I don't really care for pineapple that much raw, but on the grill is a different story! I've never thought of grilling peaches before. That's a great idea!

Has anyone here ever tried a grilled pizza before? They are surprisingly delicious!

I absolutely love to grill vegetables! Peppers, onions, and corn on the cob are all delicious after grilling! I also love to grill some fruits, like pineapples and nectarines. Veg and fruit kebabs are wonderful once grilled - I found some really great recipes online recently! I'm hoping to try out a few more grilled veggie recipes soon.