When should you decorate for Christmas?

When do you decorate for Christmas?

• Beginning of November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, reply below!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In my opinion, people who cry, “the Christians stole our pagan holiday”, sound childish...like children who argue, “I had it first! It’s mine!” The same goes for Christians who get mad when Merry Christmas gets changed to Happy Holidays or when a public place won’t allow certain decorations. It’s all getting out of hand.

I celebrate Christmas, both the secular and the religious aspect of it. You can take away whatever you want from it but the spirit lives within, just like in “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. People need to chill. Life’s too short.

[..pictures...]

How about not celebrating at all? I don't celebrate Saturnalia either, btw, so I'm not among those of whom you had disparaging comments.

Although I understand people who celebrate Xmas in a secular fashion (When in Rome...) I don't think I'll ever understand those who do so religiously in a "Christian" context. It certainly breeds confusion for the "Trinity" and "un-changing God" that Christianity nominally represents:

Jeremiah 10: 1 -5

vs

Malachi 3:6

How about not celebrating at all? I don't celebrate Saturnalia either, btw, so I'm not among those of whom you had disparaging comments.

Although I understand people who celebrate Xmas in a secular fashion (When in Rome...) I don't think I'll ever understand those who do so religiously in a "Christian" context. It certainly breeds confusion for the "Trinity" and "un-changing God" that Christianity nominally represents:

vs

Go for it. I didn’t mean to be disparaging. Maybe a tad defensive? I don’t understand why people can’t just be allowed to do their own thing or why what I choose to celebrate or not celebrate would bother someone so much. It’s not like I go around trying to get other people to do/feel/celebrate what I do.

Reactions: PTree15
Go for it. I didn’t mean to be disparaging. Maybe a tad defensive? I don’t understand why people can’t just be allowed to do their own thing or why what I choose to celebrate or not celebrate would bother someone so much. It’s not like I go around trying to get other people to do/feel/celebrate what I do.

I can vouch for that. :) However, we do feel compelled to put up the yearly Everything Christmas thread up as soon as Thankgiving is over.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15

vs

People have different belief systems, so it's not that hard to understand why some Christians celebrate the holiday in a religious fashion. If you choose not to celebrate, that's cool, too. Live and let live, I say, as long as you aren't hurting others.

Reactions: KLS52
People have different belief systems, so it's not that hard to understand why some Christians celebrate the holiday in a religious fashion. If you choose not to celebrate, that's cool, too. Live and let live, I say, as long as you aren't hurting others.

Agree. 👍

Reactions: KLS52