What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

Bananas and an avocado. I have mango and raspberries in the freezer.

Reactions: shyvas
My fruit bowl looks gorgeous as it's overflowing with beautifully coloured fruit ; bananas, avocados,lemons, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries
and tiny apples which are called 'apples for kids'!:yum

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
Nothing.
At least I have berries in the freezer. I'm going to bring a smoothie to work tomorrow--with matcha

Nothing.
At least I have berries in the freezer. I'm going to bring a smoothie to work tomorrow--with matcha
Exactly the same!

My fruit bowl is empty but I have raspberries defrosting in the fridge for a smoothie.

Exactly the same!

My fruit bowl is empty but I have raspberries defrosting in the fridge for a smoothie.

Why do you defrost them. I always add frozen fruit when making smoothies. Moreover, it makes the smoothie far thicker in consistency. ;)

Why do you defrost them. I always add frozen fruit when making smoothies. Moreover, it makes the smoothie far thicker in consistency. ;)
It makes my teeth too sensitive sometimes if it is too cold! :heart_eyes:

• Friendly
Wow! Check this out.
at least for me some surprising revelations.
I will have to reprioritize my fruits when I go to the store and the farmer's market
Strawberries and blackberries over blueberries.
Bananas over apples.
Mellons over cherries.
🥝🍐🍎🍋🍈🍑🍌🍇🍅🥑🍒🍊🍍🍉🍓🍏

On the contrary, variety is key and not one single fruit (or veg) contains all the necessary vitamins, minerals fibre et nutrients. Colour and taste is also
an important factor when choosing fruit.

I always make sure that I have a wide variety of fruit and depending on the season, eat several portions per day. I also like to make fruit salads (also raw vegetables & fruit) and mix fruit, i.e. kiwis/blueberries, bananas/strawberries, brambles/apples, oranges/kiwis, pears/apples, mangoes/strawberries, pineapple/passion fruit, raspberries/bananas mixed berries etc

• Variety is important! Different types and colours of fruits and vegetables contain different combinations of important nutrients, like fibre and vitamins, which our bodies need to stay healthy. So, to get the most nutritional benefit out of your 5 A DAY, try to have a wide variety of fruits and vegetables from each of the colour groups – green, yellow, red, purple, orange and white.

Fruit and vegetables - British Nutrition Foundation

1619684588124.png

• Disagree
Reactions: silva
I didn't say anything about reducing the variety of the fruit I eat - just prioritizing some over others.

I've heard that thing about melons before. I only buy melons in the summer and I usually do eat them all by themselves.

I do put strawberries and bananas with the my cereal. I guess I could just put strawberries and blueberries in the cereal instead. I guess the bananas would be ok with raisins.
According to my chart, blackberries would be better than blueberries.