Whatcha up to?

I'm eating chocolate peanut butter brownies straight from the oven :eyes: (who even waits for them to cool??)

Slightly annoyed because I left them in too long & they're more spongey than fudgey & gooey. Boo.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I'm eating chocolate peanut butter brownies straight from the oven :eyes: (who even waits for them to cool??)

Slightly annoyed because I left them in too long & they're more spongey than fudgey & gooey. Boo.
Haha, I love eating baked goods right out of the oven. I made chocolate chip scones a few days ago, and technically the recipe says let them cool before serving. I ate one right away because the chocolate was still gooey and melty. Now I want brownies. 😁

Haha, I love eating baked goods right out of the oven. I made chocolate chip scones a few days ago, and technically the recipe says let them cool before serving. I ate one right away because the chocolate was still gooey and melty. Now I want brownies. 😁

This recipe said to let cool for 10 minutes. Impossible 🤷‍♀️

I saw your scone recipe - might give it a go 😁

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Ok...Houston, we have a problem. I see her biscuit recipe...says it’s not sweet so that won’t work, lol. I want the chocolate chip scones!

*getting dizzy running back and forth between forums* 😁

*but it’s kind of fun, too*

Last edited:
Ok...Houston, we have a problem. I see her biscuit recipe...says it’s not sweet so that won’t work, lol. I want the chocolate chip scones!

*getting dizzy running back and forth between forums* 😁

*but it’s kind of fun, too*

Yeah, I'm having a hard time trying to keep track of you. 🤣

It is a bit confusing isn't it? 😆

I'm just feeding the baby & then I will bundle him up (it's chilly) & we'll go round a few shops...hopefully, if he lets me 🤔

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
:grinning:I didn't get to crochet while my company was here, so I'm making up for it today.
There are a couple of movies by that title. The one I watched stars Paul Newman and Jessica Tandy. It was made in the '90s, I believe. It's one of my favorite movies.
I really like that movie also, as well as the book on which it's based. Richard Russo is one of my favorite authors. In case you didn't know, there's a sequel to the book, titled Everybody's Fool.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I really like that movie also, as well as the book on which it's based. Richard Russo is one of my favorite authors. In case you didn't know, there's a sequel to the book, titled Everybody's Fool.
I've never read the book, but I will put it on my list, along with the sequel. I love the movie so much. As much as enjoy action films, it's nice to see a film really work well at good storytelling without a lot of gizmos and extra effects. The music in it is stellar as well. One of my favorite scenes is the one in the diner when Sully is working the grill and puts "The Bank" in his place. And I always cry when Will musters up the courage to give Werf his artificial limb. OK, I'm going to have to watch it again. It's nice to know someone else who knows of and enjoys this movie!

I've never read the book, but I will put it on my list, along with the sequel. I love the movie so much. As much as enjoy action films, it's nice to see a film really work well at good storytelling without a lot of gizmos and extra effects. The music in it is stellar as well. One of my favorite scenes is the one in the diner when Sully is working the grill and puts "The Bank" in his place. And I always cry when Will musters up the courage to give Werf his artificial limb. OK, I'm going to have to watch it again. It's nice to know someone else who knows of and enjoys this movie!
Paul Newman is perfection in that role.

Actually, if I remember correctly, that movie is how I discovered Richard Russo 's books, and, as I said, he became one of my very favorite writers. Straight Man is another one of my favorite Russo books.

ETA: Paul Newman is in another film adaptation of a Russo book- Empire Falls. Joanne Woodward is also in that one.

Reactions: PTree15
Paul Newman is perfection in that role.

Actually, if I remember correctly, that movie is how I discovered Richard Russo 's books, and, as I said, he became one of my very favorite writers. Straight Man is another one of my favorite Russo books.
I agree! Absolutely wonderful and so believable.

So, is this the equivalent of the chat thread on VV? If it is, we need to shake things up a bit! 😁
Not that I contribute much. But that could change. 😊

With the time change yesterday, I was totally thrown out of whack. I woke up at 2 am and never went back to sleep. That resulted in me falling asleep at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I got up long enough to feed the cats and put them to bed at 8 pm. Then I went back to bed and slept, albeit fitfully, until almost 3 am. I’m still tired so today is likely going to be a challenge. Unless I can fall asleep for another hour or so before having to get ready for work.

I’m in the process of trying to sell my house and dreading every minute of it. I’ve spent the better part of the last two days on the phone, texting and emailing, trying to get as much information so that I can follow the whole process with some amount of dignity lol. I’m so inexperienced and my agent appears to be the type who wants to cut corners and not follow protocol. So I will contact a lawyer today (against the agents suggestion to wait). He wants to have the inspection done before we sign contracts and I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. It’s not unheard of. I just prefer to do things by the book.