Whatcha Eatin?

I went to No Catch on the seafront with a friend today.
We both had a large no cod and chips with fresh lemon on the protein and a sprinkle of vinegar on the chips.
Caught the bus back home and fed some of my chips to a juvenile seagull who sits on top of the bus stop cover in Saltdean. Whilst I was there I met Justin who is a local gull/pidge rescuer. He had rescued this gull and the parents who were flying nearby some time ago.

Nothing at the moment, but I'm about to make lunch, though I'm not sure what I want. Maybe chickpea salad or soy curls chik'n salad.
I ended up making a nice salad of kale, tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, cucumbers, green olives, banana pepper rings and dill pickles topped with a can of Tuno (flavor is meh on its own, but mixed in a salad with dressing, it does the trick) and homemade Italian dressing.

I’m coming back in July and staying thru until September. Brighton is really the place to be. 🤗
You should move there!

July is extremely busy for me, but maybe Aug Sept.🤔 I could just do a day trip.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I`m at the library in Brighton using the computer as it`s not pleasant using an iphone.
They also have a huge selection of vegan cookbooks so I always have a quick glance.

I will also have lunch here as it`s allowed to be able to eat and drink. I have made a salad; butter beans, grated carrots/white cabbage,
sliced avocado with pumpkin seeds, vinaigrette and yeast flakes. White seedless grapes for dessert.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
You should move there!

July is extremely busy for me, but maybe Aug Sept.🤔 I could just do a day trip.

I wish that I could but it`s not as easy as it seems. However, I do prefer the UK to France. It`s not easy living in a country where they are
meat and dairy crazy. Moreover, they are so conservative that veganism will always be frowned on.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I would never want to live in France for that reason. Saying that I used to know someone from Brighton who moved to France. I don't know if she likes it there as I don't have contact anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: shyvas
I would never want to live in France for that reason. Saying that I used to know someone from Brighton who moved to France. I don't know if she likes it there as I don't have contact anymore.
I can’t believe someone would leave Brighton for France.😳

Reactions: Raven
I wish that I could but it`s not as easy as it seems. However, I do prefer the UK to France. It`s not easy living in a country where they are
meat and dairy crazy. Moreover, they are so conservative that veganism will always be frowned upon.

French cuisine is almost universally regarded as one of the world's greatest, and I would have thought French chefs would have prided themselves on being able to make any food- like, say, millet, buckwheat, or cilantro (RETCH!!)- a culinary triumph. I always thought foods of animal origin were tasty, and still do; there's just so much else out there! My bucket list includes sampling every edible grain, legume, fruit, and vegetable I haven't tried yet. Which could be interesting... for example, cashew nuts grow attached to a fruit known as a "cashew apple"- which is edible, but doesn't ship well, and so cannot be had outside the areas where cashews are grown. And I think there are many varieties of bananas that are mostly unknown outside the areas where they grow, for the same reason. I'd even like to try a durian (while holding my nose, of course).

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
I haven't ever tried durian either. It is meant to be delicious, but stinky, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom L.