What would happen if a person only ate carrots?

"When you consume too many carrots — or sweet potatoes, pumpkins, or any other food that is similarly high in carotene — excess beta-carotene will enter the bloodstream and be stored under the skin, thus giving it a yellow, orange or golden tint.

What qualifies as “too many carrots” is different for each person since it depends on an individual’s metabolism, but an average, healthy dosage of beta-carotene is six to eight milligrams a day. According to a Columbia University health blog, “for carotenemia to set in, you might have to consume as much as 20 milligrams per day (or, three large carrots).”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/will-carrots-turn-my-skin-orange_us_56eb4608e4b09bf44a9ce707

I imagine you'd have no trouble finding things in the dark

• Haha
Reactions: Lou
Death of a Carrot Juice Addict

Basil Brown, a 48-year-old health-food advocate from Croydon, England, died after consuming ten gallons of carrot juice in ten days, causing him to overdose on Vitamin A and suffer rapid, severe liver damage.

Original Source: Ottawa Citizen - Google News Archive Search

Reactions: Lou
I can't experience carotenemia by eating carrots as the fiber prevents the absorption of the majority of carotenes in carrots. Maybe carotenemia occurs in those that are unable to convert carotenes into active Vitamin A.

I've consumed raw carrot juice instinctively in abundance at times and still do without any issues but I also take 2500iu of Vitamin D because I know I need it to produce thyroid hormones which are required for converting carotenes into active Vitamin A.

As for why consume a lot of carrot juice?
Because it is really healthy when consumed intermittently in abundance.
I developed brain cancer from diesel locomotive exhaust fumes entering my house during the night when I lived beside a rail yard. Almost died a couple of times from hypoxia. One day I had nothing in the fridge but 2 bags of carrots. I made 1.5 liter of raw carrot juice and drank it all at once. I could feel all the apoptosis of cancerous brain cells after 30 seconds.

Another incident was when my younger brother got infected with the type 1 diabetes virus. He was really sick for a whole week and tried everything big pharma had. Then I made him 2 cups of raw carrot juice. Told him to drink it and go straight to sleep as the sleeping mechanism activates specific pathways for the immune system. Anyways he comes down after half an hour and says he isn't sick anymore but unfortunately the virus did end up snipping his beta cells DNA.

Raw carrot juice is quite powerful but can also be quite harmful as carotenes are both antioxidants and pro-oxidants during times of excessive oxidative stress such as air pollution.

What would happen if a person only ate carrots?
Eating large quantities of carrots doesn’t put you at risk of vitamin A overload because your body only converts beta-carotene as needed. However, having large amounts of carotene in your blood can cause carotenemia or yellowish discoloration of the skin. The harmless condition is typically most apparent on palms, soles, and ears and disappears gradually on a lower-carotene diet.

Even a modest increase in dietary fiber could temporarily disrupt your bowels, and consuming large amounts of insoluble fiber can cause loose stools until your digestive system adjusts to the higher fiber intake. A high intake of insoluble fiber can also lead to constipation if you don’t drink enough fluids to help the fiber move through your intestinal tract.

Yeah, that might be a risk of a vitamin A overdose. but I think if you ate ONLY carrots you would suffer from some kind of malnutrition.

I have also heard that before you could get a Vitamin A overdose you would be warned by an orange tint to your skin. Sort of like when of your car's idiot lights go on.

also if you start noticing bunny rabbits following you around - this is another good indication of too many carrots in your diet. :p

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 2
Yeah, that might be a risk of a vitamin A overdose. but I think if you ate ONLY carrots you would suffer from some kind of malnutrition.

I have also heard that before you could get a Vitamin A overdose you would be warned by an orange tint to your skin. Sort of like when of your car's idiot lights go on.

also if you start noticing bunny rabbits following you around - this is another good indication of too many carrots in your diet. :p
your uploaded image is blank please share which having graphics

i think it needs to be in more detail, the case is ok but description requires as we can understand how overdose impacting the human body. Do you have any other information regarding this issue any study or article

It's just a story I recalled reading. My best guess is the guy likely died from hyponatremia or water intoxication, rather than vitamin A overdose. After all, drinking gallons of any beverage could possibly do the same thing.

It's just a story I recalled reading. My best guess is the guy likely died from hyponatremia or water intoxication, rather than vitamin A overdose. After all, drinking gallons of any beverage could possibly do the same thing.
ya but i think we are discussing carrots side effects i thought it is relevant to topic but now it is new story