What to put under tray

MobiusX

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I already have a bird feeder with a dome. The other side has water with a dome. There is no more room to hang anything only for a bowl at the bottom but the food gets wet when it rains so the birds don't eat it. I bought a non toxic pet tray for the birds where I fill up 2 bowls of bird seeds and put it on the tray so the wind cannot blow it. It works. But I need something to put under the tray that is non toxic and safe. I read online that even cardboard boxes are toxic... I thought about putting a rug but I don't know if it's considered safe for animals to eat from a rug since they might end up eating the rug by mistake. I just need something to put under the tray. The way it is right now the birds are crapping all over the cement. I don't want this... I also want to make it easier for me to clean. The wind blows the bird seeds that are on the cement which makes it harder for me to clean. It has to be 1. Safe for birds to walk on 2. Non-toxic 3. Waterproof

How about a piece of sheet metal?
Husband installs heating and air conditioning so he always makes things for me when the need arises. A metal tray might work if you know where to get your hands on one.
Although...on second thought...I wonder how well it would do in extreme heat or cold... 🤔

How about a piece of sheet metal?
Husband installs heating and air conditioning so he always makes things for me when the need arises. A metal tray might work if you know where to get your hands on one.
Although...on second thought...I wonder how well it would do in extreme heat or cold... 🤔

if it's metal it's usually not non-toxic and I haven't found any that are and plus when animals eat somehow the bird seeds gets out of the tray and on the cement so it has to be something under the tray. I already have a tray.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52