What to cook when you don't feel like cooking

I used to have simple standby meals before becoming veg*.
Now it's either soup with beans or spelt pasta with vegetable or just guacamole with crudités.

Shove some rice on to cook with some veg stock in the water, I stir-fry up some veg and mushrooms (usually pre-chopped frozen veg if I'm too lazy to chop up veg even), shove a load of soy sauce in with it and when the rice is cooked chuck that into the wok also and fry for a few minutes. 20 minutes and it's done.

Reactions: sallyomally
-Organic ready made soup with bread (just heat the soup)
-Salad with bread
-French fries with veggie snacks
-Toasted pita with hummus and raw veggies
-Nachos with (vegan) cheese, olives, tomatoes from the oven
-Ready made veggie potstickers with chilli sauce
-Wraps with roasted veggies from a jar and your choice of hummus/cheese

That give you some ideas? ;)

Reactions: Rosie1
-Organic ready made soup with bread (just heat the soup)
-Salad with bread
-French fries with veggie snacks
-Toasted pita with hummus and raw veggies
-Nachos with (vegan) cheese, olives, tomatoes from the oven
-Ready made veggie potstickers with chilli sauce
-Wraps with roasted veggies from a jar and your choice of hummus/cheese

That give you some ideas? ;)

:yes::up:

Scramble up some tofu, add bbq sauce. Serve on a bun with sliced onion and pickles.
Microwaved potato topped with just about anything.
Sliced tomato and avocado spread onto two pieces of bread and cooked stovetop grilled cheese style.
Tater tots!
Pita stuffed with leftovers.

chickpea salad-just mash all the ingredients together and fill a wrap with it or eat it with pita chips
quick stirfry w/ beans or vegan chicken strips
veggie burger
bowl of cereal or oatmeal w/ fruit

This is pretty quick: couscous, mixed veggies.
I just cook the couscous plain (I like the "original"), and then add some garlic salt to taste when I serve my helping.
The mixed veggies is usually the Cascadian Farms organic brand. Just pop it into the microwave. I mix those two together in a bowl, with the garlic salt and some EB butter.
Sometimes I'll have a slice of plain toasted 12 grain bread along with it. And since I cook up the entire box of couscous, I'll have leftovers.

I guess that can be boring to some people, but omg I love couscous. nomnom.

Reactions: thefadedone
PB&J sammich. :D

I always try to keep a bag of salad mix in the fridge. I just throw it into a bowl, toss in cheese (dairy or nondairy), beans, baked tofu, any other type of veggie protein, add some balsamic vinaigrette and toss, and I've got a meal. :)

Reactions: thefadedone
Sandwiches, salads, anything wrapped in a tortilla, soups and what was stated by other people.
I recently started doing steam bag of veggie and rice with a Gardinia Chiken patty.

Boca spicy pattys
Shells and Chreese (preferably with tomato, I can't wait for tomatoes from the garden)
Grilled tofutti sandwish w/ ketchup or tomato soup
Tomatoes on toast (toast+veganaise+sliced tomato+pepper)
Peanut butter and cucumber sandwich (I kid you not)
Avocado toast (smashed on to toast with flax oil on top)
Ling ling spring rolls
Beans on toast
Tofu rice on toast (toast+veganaise+fried tofu and leftover rice+flax oil, Bragg's, Tabasco and ketchup)

I seriously love toast.

Mine are probally:

- quick cous-cous salad with chopped up raw veg (carrot, cucumber, tomato, pepper, etc) nuts or beans and dressing (just bung oil and either vinegar/lemon/mustard together for a really quick and easy dressing)
- stir fry, if you really don't feel like cooking with a ready made sauce, and with straight to wok noodles. I like adding cashewnuts or peanuts.
- baked potato with bean salad - just chuck beans with some oil/lemon/vinegar dressing and chop up some cucumber/tomato/onion and possibly sweetcorn and season

Less healthy with more pre-made stuff
- baked potatoes with any combination of baked beans, hummus, salad and vegetarian sausages
- vegetarian cooked "breakfast": vegetarian sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and frozen hash browns, bung 'em in the oven, do the beans in the microwave, et voila
- potato wedges (just cut up a potato, drizzle in oil and put in the oven) with vegetarian sausages and beans or something similar
- frozen bean burger with any of: wedges, corn on the cob, salad, baked beans