Radio What Podcast Are You Listening To?

This one I found sort of by accident. After watching She -Hulk I went to IMDBs Tatiana Maslany page cause she is too good of an actress not to have done anything since Orphan Black. She did do the New Perry Mason which I got out of the library but not much else.

However in IMDB they had her in something called Orphan Black - The Next Chapter. Its in podcast form but its an audio book. Its also what I've learned is called a full cast (or voiced) audio book. This is where they just don't read the book but act it out, like a radio play.

It takes place 10 years after the events of Orphan Black, it has all our favorite characters, and Tatiana Maslany reads all the clone parts. The actors who are Felix and Delphine are also in it.

Since their victory against Project Leda eight years ago, the original sestras—Sarah, Alison, Cosima, and those they love—have been free to live quiet, anonymous lives. But that anonymity comes at a cost: Cosima is unable to pursue the cutting-edge science that saved her life; Sarah's daughter Kira is suffocated by her mother's insistence on secrecy; and Charlotte, the youngest Leda clone, questions why her family gets to survive while other, unaware clones get sick and die.​

Just started to listen to Rachel Maddow's new podcast, Ultra.

Only the first episodes are out and I've listened to both of them. Edutainment at its best.

More later.

Reactions: Emma JC
Just started to listen to Rachel Maddow's new podcast, Ultra.

Only the first episodes are out and I've listened to both of them. Edutainment at its best.

More later.
oh, sorry I forgot to update.
Finished Ultra. It was soooo good.

Sitting members of Congress aiding and abetting a plot to overthrow the government. Insurrectionists criminally charged with plotting to end American democracy for good. Justice Department prosecutors under crushing political pressure. Rachel Maddow Presents: Ultra is the all-but-forgotten true story of good, old-fashioned American extremism getting supercharged by proximity to power. When extremist elected officials get caught plotting against America with the violent ultra right, this is the story of the lengths they will go to… to cover their tracks.​

One take-away, that Rachel made a point to emphasize is that even tho things are bad now - the Union has survived this **** at least once before. Take heart.

Oh and if you like Ultra, when you are done go get her other podcast: Bag Man

Finished Season one and I'm not onto Season Two of In The Dark. In the Dark is a podcast produced by the New Yorker Magazine.

in Season one the podcast explores:
The investigation into the abduction of Jacob Wetterling yielded no answers for 27 years. We investigate how law enforcement mishandled one of the most notorious child abductions in the country and how those failures fueled national anxiety about stranger danger and led to the nation's sex-offender registries.​

In season two the podcast explores:
the case of Curtis Flowers, a Black man from Winona, Mississippi, who was tried six times for the same crime. Flowers spent more than 20 years fighting for his life while a white prosecutor spent that same time trying just as hard to execute him.​

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Finished Season one and I'm not onto Season Two of In The Dark. In the Dark is a podcast produced by the New Yorker Magazine.

in Season one the podcast explores:
The investigation into the abduction of Jacob Wetterling yielded no answers for 27 years. We investigate how law enforcement mishandled one of the most notorious child abductions in the country and how those failures fueled national anxiety about stranger danger and led to the nation's sex-offender registries.​
I mentioned this earlier in the thread as I listened to the first one.

Reactions: Lou
In the Dark, season 2 won't end.

At first I thought it was 8 episodes. and then at the end of episode 8 they said, next time we will explain why the DA went after Curtis. It turns out on the iPhone they could only display 8 episodes at a time. then episode 11 is called The End. Then 2 months later they had a Bonus "update" episode when the case went before the Supreme Court. I haven't gotten past Episode 11 but I just checked and not counting the bonus episodes there are 18 episodes in total.

They started the podcast in 2018 and I think it's still going.

• Informative
I thought it was a little superficial - but it's not a book just an hour long show.
Think of it as survey course.
But pretty good nevertheless.

How We’re Learning to Talk to Animals
Stuff You Should Know

If we could talk with the animals, grunt and squeak and squawk with the animals, what would we say? We’d better start thinking of something good because researchers are learning to speak sperm whale, prairie dog, and a bunch of other species' languages. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: ‎Stuff You Should Know: How We’re Learning to Talk to Animals on Apple Podcasts

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Not sure where to put this.
Maybe in What Podcasts are you listening to.
hmm. maybe I'll repost it there too

This is the funniest thing I've heard all week.
The author is a a primatologist and science comedian.

This Lesbian Monkey Love Triangle Tells Us Something Really Interesting about Darwin's 'Paradox'
Science, Quickly

A “Darwinian paradox” is that homosexual activity occurs even though it does not lead to or aid in reproduction. But if you visit three capuchin monkeys in Los Angeles, they’ll show you how beneficial their liaisons are.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: ‎Science, Quickly: This Lesbian Monkey Love Triangle Tells Us Something Really Interesting about Darwin's 'Paradox' on Apple Podcasts

Or if you don't like to listen

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I listened to a podcast for the first times in ages! It was a two part podcast about the Ashley Madison hacking scandal. It was interesting as I didn't really know much about it. It said in the podcast that the British tabloids were all over it at the time, but I thought I only heard about it through this forum, or the old forum.

I haven't listened to a ton of podcasts, but I'm starting to get into them. I listen to Pahla B's Get Your Goal weekly podcast, which focuses a lot on mindset as a tool for permanent weight loss. I follow her plan for exercise and whatnot.

I also listen to Cheap Lazy Vegan's weekly podcast she does with her friend Daniel called the SaVeg podcast. It's sort of their getting together and talking about the issues of the moment. Some of it's serious and some of it's funny. I do enjoy CLV's cooking and mukbang videos, so I figured I'd check out the podcast. It gives me some perspective on what younger people are thinking and doing. Plus, the two of them are fun and funny together.

Reactions: Lou
I try to hear the "Start Here" podcast on the daily. I would put it on the Liberal spectrum. I love the host's voice ( Brad Mielke) and the quirky "one last thing". It is on the ABC streaming and other streaming services.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou