What happened to bite-sized vegan?

Oatmeal32

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Anyone know? :eyes:

Sorry if this question has already been addressed... I'm late to the party. :party:

She made a video recently after a long while of not posting one... And there is a video somewhere where she talks about why she needed to take a break - I think it had something to do with focusing her energy on designing/establishing her website/online presence or something so she could come back and make more YT content, but I don't remember exactly. If I find the video, I'll edit my post and share it here. Someone else may beat me to it probably. :)

Reactions: Lou
Like Tofu Robot said, BSV or Emily made a personal video where she talks about basically being a highly sensitive person who is differently abled, and how perfectionistic she was about making content, so she just got burnt out and needed a rest. She is an irl activist too, so as far as I know she was also focusing more on making speeches and that sort of thing.

Reactions: TofuRobot and Lou
She still is my favorite for content.
Mic has good content. but i feel like he is always mad or scolding me.

The Doctors have the best stuff for diet.

She still is my favorite for content.
Mic has good content. but i feel like he is always mad or scolding me...
LOL - I watched a video of his from about 2 years ago the other day (I believe I had seen it before but it had been a long time) and I think he's actually toned things down a little since then :)

Mic the vegan did seem in your face to me at first, I'm not sure but either I've got used to it and realized that's just him or he's mellowed.

This is all so funny to me...I've always thought of Mic the Vegan as very rational and calm, the sort of intellectual debater who would make a great lawyer or who should work for some environmental agency. He really checks his sources, like a real academic. I never thought of him as "in your face" he's a lot less dramatic or aggressive than Vegan Gains (who is also quite smart but will call people out angrily and tell them their arguments are stupid). He's also on the whole more calm than Footsoldier, he doesn't even provoke people as much as Ghost Vegan's little artistic short films.

Reactions: TofuRobot
Jamie provided an outstanding link to an article about abortion. I recommend reading this article.

@Lou - Please try to post your link.

More from Emily.

No video. Just text but its pretty sophisticated with a table of contents, and hyperlinks for further reading.

I think I'll be quoting this article or maybe just posting it when a newbie shows up with these kind of issues. In fact, I can think of two new members who ought to read the whole article.

When you go vegan, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re finally living your values. You can go to sleep every night knowing that no one had to die for your meal. That no blood was shed on your account. That you’ve made the most impactful, incredible decision of your life.​

Reactions: Emma JC
The abortion article is interesting. It's curious how Emily presents various forms of the arguments but fails to reach any clear solution. I suppose that like many moral dilemmas, there are always variables that are hard to account for. I think part of the issue is that people don't understand what veganism really is - the extension of existing ethical principles to other animals. There is nothing inherent to veganism that demands some different consideration of the issues around abortion.

For example, worrying about pain and suffering are not primarily vegan concerns so I don't think vegans are under any obligation to worry more or less about pain and suffering experienced by aborted fetuses than any other member of the general population (as a moral matter, I mean). Something the same applies to killing which as far as I understand is not really primarily a vegan issue; as I've discussed here before vegans are willing to accept killing of others when it is unavoidable (self-defence, warfare, crop deaths). And finally, the main concern of veganism - the exploitation of non-human animals - is a non-starter because human babies are, well... human.

Put more succinctly, as far as I can see vegans are in no different position when making decisions about the ethics of abortion than anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
More from Emily.

No video. Just text but its pretty sophisticated with a table of contents, and hyperlinks for further reading.

I think I'll be quoting this article or maybe just posting it when a newbie shows up with these kind of issues. In fact, I can think of two new members who ought to read the whole article.

When you go vegan, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re finally living your values. You can go to sleep every night knowing that no one had to die for your meal. That no blood was shed on your account. That you’ve made the most impactful, incredible decision of your life.​

Oh. she forgot to post the video.
Here it is.