What did you Cook or Bake Today?

Good to know. Apparently they are definitely fine, unopened, which is awesome. I've been eating them...they taste good and no ill effects but I will refrigerate/freeze going forward.

I wish a local store sold them so I could buy one bag instead of three on Amazon. They went up in price, too, but then so did everything else. I paid $19 in January 2023 for three bags...can't believe that was the last time I bought them...and now they are $23. The expiration was good for six months. I just need to not be lazy and make them more often.

I'm kind of craving them with lots of garlic...maybe some onions...in some kind of brown sauce...but I haven't figured out how to do it just yet. I'll experiment with this next batch.

I used to get green beans in brown sauce from the Chinese restaurant years ago...I'm thinking something like that.
I get four 8 oz packages for about $24 from the online Vegetarian Site. And you can order just one bag if you want. All their products are vegan despite the name. They are based in Glastonbury, CT, but ship nationwide, and they have a flat $5 fee for delivery. They have other good products, too. I order four bags because I want to make it worth the delivery fee.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I get four 8 oz packages for about $24 from the online Vegetarian Site. And you can order just one bag if you want. All their products are vegan despite the name. They are based in Glastonbury, CT, but ship nationwide, and they have a flat $5 fee for delivery. They have other good products, too. I order four bags because I want to make it worth the delivery fee.
Yes...paying shipping is always an issue which is why it would be nice if stores would carry it! I'll check out the Vegetarian Site. At least it's four bags for what I'm paying amazon for three.

Reactions: PTree15
Yes...paying shipping is always an issue which is why it would be nice if stores would carry it! I'll check out the Vegetarian Site. At least it's four bags for what I'm paying amazon for three.
I know, right? They need to be in stores already!

Reactions: KLS52
I wish a local store sold them so I could buy one bag instead of three on Amazon. They went up in price, too, but then so did everything else. I paid $19 in January 2023 for three bags...can't believe that was the last time I bought them...and now they are $23. The expiration was good for six months. I just need to not be lazy and make them more often.

did you check their website for someone nearby? Butler Foods | Where to Buy

they have 6 bags for $24.09 and $11 shipping Butler Foods | Order Online

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Last edited:
did you check their website for someone nearby? Butler Foods | Where to Buy

Emma JC
For CT, the Vegetarian Site in Glastonbury I believe doesn't have a brick-and-mortar store, though I'm not certain about that. I think it's online only. Their address lists only a P.O. box.
21 Oak St. in Manchester closed, sadly, during the pandemic, but that was a restaurant/takeout place. I went there a few times, but I never saw soy curls there.
Not sure about FoodWorks in Old Saybrook. That would be closer to KLS. Glastonbury isn't far from me.
Edge of the Woods is a great store, but it's in New Haven, which is kind of far and also a pain with traffic/parking, lol.

Reactions: Emma JC
For CT, the Vegetarian Site in Glastonbury I believe doesn't have a brick-and-mortar store, though I'm not certain about that. I think it's online only. Their address lists only a P.O. box.
21 Oak St. in Manchester closed, sadly, during the pandemic, but that was a restaurant/takeout place. I went there a few times, but I never saw soy curls there.
Not sure about FoodWorks in Old Saybrook. That would be closer to KLS. Glastonbury isn't far from me.
Edge of the Woods is a great store, but it's in New Haven, which is kind of far and also a pain with traffic/parking, lol.

I would always also call before going anyplace that isn't around the corner as sometimes their list is out of date.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
I also put together a spice blend for fajitas. I think that's what I'll use some soy curls for, maybe tomorrow night. :) I'm going to prepare the soy curls today, though. Then I can just put everything together.

Yesterday I prepped a whole bag of soy curls for various meals. I had to keep from eating them as I made them so I'd have enough for the meals I planned, lol. They taste so good after I cook them down in the broth I soaked them in. I made chik'n salad and am saving the rest for fajitas and buffalo wraps. I might freeze some, too, to see how that works because one full bag is a lot of servings that I doubt I can eat in five days (the recommended length of time in the fridge).

Today I'm going to make seitan sausages and some oatmeal raisin cookies for my dad.

Yesterday I prepped a whole bag of soy curls for various meals. I had to keep from eating them as I made them so I'd have enough for the meals I planned, lol. They taste so good after I cook them down in the broth I soaked them in. I made chik'n salad and am saving the rest for fajitas and buffalo wraps. I might freeze some, too, to see how that works because one full bag is a lot of servings that I doubt I can eat in five days (the recommended length of time in the fridge).

Today I'm going to make seitan sausages and some oatmeal raisin cookies for my dad.

wow, good on you!! all that prep - so great

now you know why I love soy curls in my noodley soup - they soak up the gochujang/miso base along with all the veggie and garlic flavours too

if you throw of few of those soaked and squeezed ones in the air fryer/oven you will have amazing jerky too and those are very hard to stop eating

Emma JC

wow, good on you!! all that prep - so great

now you know why I love soy curls in my noodley soup - they soak up the gochujang/miso base along with all the veggie and garlic flavours too

if you throw of few of those soaked and squeezed ones in the air fryer/oven you will have amazing jerky too and those are very hard to stop eating

Emma JC
Indeed! That's cool about the air fryer. I'm going to try that next time!

Indeed! That's cool about the air fryer. I'm going to try that next time!

after they are soaked and squeezed you can also add some BBQ sauce on them or a mixture of BBQ sauce/maple syrup, garlic powder etc and then put them in for a while and then take them out, flip them over and add some more sauce - there are some good recipes out there for it

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
^ I should do that with Quorn pieces in the air fryer as they are quite boring and bland without a lot of seasoning.

I read today that you shouldn't place your air fryer under kitchen cabinets as they are a fire hazard, same with kettles, so I need to move my kettle.

I love that it has you do the baking soda to washing soda conversion, and that it's not a huge amount!
Did you use a scented?
I just saw this. No I did not sent it, but I bought Dr Teal's epsom salt with pomegranate and blackcurrant. You really can't smell it though.
1717795433200.png

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I am making seitan steaks, with lentils to freeze for meals later. It is the first time I am making this recipe.