What are your "go to vegan foods?"

Vickeree

Newcomer
Reaction score
What are your "go to vegan foods?" some thing that you eat almost daily and something that you can bring outside when you go to work so you always have something in handy to eat whenever you dine out or go to restaurants where it is hard to find something vegan? Share yours and maybe some recipes too! thanks! :)

I'm just starting trying sometime vegan foods, some others vegetarian because I feel it's time to shift to a healthier eating, but unsure what matches best my taste and lifestyle.

Now, when it comes to take out lunch from home to office, my best option is to carry tofu and sliced carrots for snacking, otherwise a salad made of a selection of vegetables or fruits.

A few days ago, a colleague gave me a try that combined lettuce with grapes, raspberries, papaya, and mangoes, sprinkled with chopped oats that tasted really good!

My go to vegan foods are nuts and seeds. They not only fill me up, but they give me nutrition and energy. They go real well in salads, nutrition bars and eaten alone or with dates or raisins. I really love oatmeal and rice as well.

Relative to eating out, if the place has vegetable entres, you can take rice with you, or a nice sandwich, to help the meal be more filling.

Nuts. They're just gold, man, seriously. Especially almonds and unsalted cashews - those are my personal favorites. I can eat them with pretty much anything and they'll still taste great and fill me up. The problem is I tend to go overboard with eating them occasionally, but I manage to convince myself it was all part of the master plan. :D

I'm really into a lot of sweet fruits like mangoes, strawberries and pineapples so I buy them a lot at the farmer's market. For snacking I go for the almonds or celery sticks, it helps when I want something fast and simple.

I gotta go tofu. I've got so many varients on it. But it keeps me sane.