Weird question.

"Better?". There is no humane rape, humane slavery, humane wars, and no "humane meat". They are illusions.
Many animal rights groups have sold out to animal ag by agreeing to support their giving farm animals a bit more
room, larger confined area's, etcetera. Its' a copout, because the animals still suffer and die. So, these groups believe what you seem to say.
I believe anti-speciesism, aka veganism, chooses to eliminate, as much as possible, the exploitation and death of
sentient beings. Carnists believe they have a right to eat the dead and get angry when someone challenges their
beliefs. The entire animal ag business relies on a constant, repeated cycle of breeding, removing animals from their
mothers, birth, using, and slaughtering of the animals. If they were not constantly bred, the populations of these
animals would dwindle. Some carnists say that they only kill one cattle, versus say 150 chickens so that only takes ONE life.
Some carnists have romantiized over the old-fashioned ways of raising animals the outdoors way. That the animals have
space to roam, have grass under their feet, sunshine, can eat grass, (chickens/poultry eat bugs, worms, frogs, snakes)
are "happy"(certainly briefly better off than the factory animals). however, in the process of raising romanticized "pastured'
animals, many wild animals are slaughtered by farmers and the USDA to 'protect' the carttle and sheep industries.
I read a comment from a woman on a carnivore website who stated that farm animal "are not harmed by artificial insemination". I commented that no animal including her, wants to be raped by farmers. or anyone else. Farm and marine Animals give their permission to select males of their own
species to do so. Not to humans.
In order for fishing boats to catch fishes, millions of pounds of "bycatch" whales, dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, and seabirds are killed.
This is collateral damage that consumers are not aware of, or, ignore.
No human would trade place with these slaughtered creatures, its' a selfish human habit to eat them.
The 'foods' from the pastured animals costs more and most humans therefore consume less of them. However, none of these
animals, land or sea, want to die for human needs. But it makes the human palate and ego feel better. and worthy of their meals
and profit for the industry