Health Issues Weird PTSD symptons ... Sick every day for ten years

Clueless Git

Plant powered
Reaction score
Having just become acutely depressed from reading the depression thread (was fine before that!) I thought I'd share this ...

I think I have PTSD not from one single major trauma but from having lived too long in a minefeild of minor, and not so minor, traumas.

Trigger is either the point I commit to getting ready leave home or when I get close to home on my way back.

Can be perfectly fine untill I get ready to do one of those two things then, in mere seconds, the back of my throat floods up and I'm straight into a pretty violent retching fit

Minutes later I'm absolutely fine and back to butt-kicking cheeriness again.

Root source of said traumas has been out of my life for 7 years now and occurences are not so regular (used to be an absolute minimum of twice a day over a period of ten years or more) but it still hits a couple of times a week, even now.

Has anyone ever heard of, or know anything, about that?

I know that PTSD can present itself in weird ways, sometimes long after the incident or incidents which caused it occurred. Your body could very well have reached the point where it instinctively perceives something as a threat even if, rationally, you know that not to be the case. I'm certainly no expert, though.

I noticed recently that when going to my monthly weekend warrior drills I actually sleep better in crappy bunks, cots, or on the ground surrounded by people from my unit than I do at home in a comfortable bed next to my girlfriend. It's like even though I know the likelihood of something happening at home is minimal, I instinctively believe that if I'm not surrounded by people I know could handle themselves in a scrap I'd better sleep with an eye open. If that's PTSD, I got off pretty light. Like I said, it presents itself in weird ways, and is quite unpredictable.