Weird crap you've found in your food

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Well, you see I have this photo, & thought I'd just start a new thread, because I am quite certain I'm not the only one who may have a strange tale or horror story to share.... o_O

Wednesday, as I was putting handfuls of baby spinach/baby arugula in a baggie to take to take with me, I uncovered this in the container:

WTF.jpg <---- A LARGE HUNK OF WOOD!! :wtf:

How the hell did THAT get missed?!? Yeah, "triple-washed" my ***.... :brood:

I think I'll be sending this picture along with a nicely-worded letter to the Earthbound Farm company, along with a suggestion for new advertising.... "Now with more fiber!!" LMAO :confused:

Back before I became a vegetarian, I was eating a Chinese chicken salad I'd bought from the cafeteria of the hospital where I was working. I came across a dead fly in the salad, and reacted with horror. My coworkers simply laughed and said it was "just more protein". I lost my appetite. Not too long after that, I went veg.

Also, one time I opened a can of Friskies to feed my cats, and there was a piece of clear plastic sticking out from the cat food. I pulled on it, and it was a long strip of plastic. I fed the cats the food (I knew they'd eat it), but stopped buying Friskies.

I found a big wormy/grubby thing when I pulled back the husk on an ear of corn. It was alive, and well fed :p
I've found plastic pieces in Chinese take out.
Of course the piece of dirt, or stone, disguised as a bean or lentil. Always sort and rinse!

I'm glad that was a piece of wood, I thought it was a small frog!

As a child I found a used cigarette butt in my Happy Meal box. It was at the bottom with the stray fries.

Another time, when I was a little bit older, my family was out to eat at a nice restaurant and my mom found a large hunk of glass or plastic in her salad. It must have broken off of something in the kitchen.

More recently, I almost broke a tooth biting into a veggie burger I'd gotten at a drive-thru. I found what appeared to be a tear drop shaped bead or earring, about the size of a bean. That one hurt!

I've found plenty of other random things, like live bugs in veggies, but those are the top three that first come to mind.

I've been lucky to not find any strange object in my food, not even worms or other things.

But I had a graveyard shift with a co-worker many years ago. Just looking at a boat. He went to a 7-11 to buy some noodles for lunch (I had luckly brought my own). He found a single wrapped condom in it... He lost his appetite. That's quite a big object to find in a box of noodles in fact, and can't understand how it was not discovered before...

Like this:

images

A long time ago when i was having lunch at the cafeteria next to my college, i found a dead fat croton bug in my potato pieo_O. And recently i dropped in the local grocer to buy some dried fruits, and saw a nice alive fat worm in the "vacuum" pack. It was so fat that could hardly move:D

When I was in 11th grade (and an omni) I was eating a fish sandwich from the school cafeteria, when I bit into chewed gum that had made it's way in there. It was a very long time before I could eat fish again....or anything in that cafeteria.

Personally I have not found any weird things in my food. My mom though told me a story that well deterred me from McDonalds in my meat eating days. A big wad of hair. Like not A hair, A wad of it. Like fished out of your shower drain. Ugggh nasty people

Personally I have not found any weird things in my food. My mom though told me a story that well deterred me from McDonalds in my meat eating days. A big wad of hair. Like not A hair, A wad of it. Like fished out of your shower drain. Ugggh nasty people
:yuck::hurl:

This Mother Found a Worm Frozen Inside a Piece of Walmart Tilapia

Some of the Facebook commenters were saying, "Who the hell buys fish at Walmart?"

Well, you run the risk of finding a worm in your fish regardless of where you buy it. :p
One day my dad bought some tilapia for our cats at the farmers market and we found creepy parasites on the belly of the fish. They were big and looked like the creatures from the movie "Aliens":cthulhu:. I took one, put it in the plastic container and showed it to my biology teacher. Haha, she was so freaked out, that i was lolling:D