Vegetarianism and Gender Roles Survey - Please Help!

Chelsea Lottman

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey fellow veggies!

I am currently writing my senior paper at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, which requires me to conduct some of my own basic research.

I am attempting to study the relationship between the "vegetarian experience" and perceptions of gender norms. I am looking specifically at how perceptions of masculinity and femininity relate to vegetarian motives, family/peer reactions to vegetarianism, and overall satisfaction with the lifestyle.

By completing my very brief survey, you would be helping me out tremendously! Not only that, but you will also be contributing to the growing body of knowledge related to meatless lifestyles!

Thank you in advance! :)

I'd love to help you out, Chelsea, but the link has been removed because you're new here. Just as soon as the link is restored, I'll take your survey. :)

Hey Chelsea Lottman, and :welcome:!

The links have been removed because as an anti-spam measure new posters can't post links. However if you stick around and make a few more posts, you'll be able to post links then and I'm sure people will want to help out! :)

I genuinely did have every intention of continuing to participate in the forum. I am currently an active member of two non-veg forums and had been contemplating joining a vegetarian support group for the last few months. However, using this survey as a "test drive" of sorts has made the decision to opt for another space pretty easy. I am certain that VeggieViews as a whole is a lovely place to share questions and ideas, but the individuals I have interacted with have been close-minded and judgmental.

Isn't one of the main points of this whole forum thing support? You should work on that :)
Thank you for the advice! I bet you will stay around and support others here and fill out their surveys and help them with questions, right? That would be great, you could maybe give me some tips. :)

See ya around the forum!

The link's back.

I did the survey. Having studied psychology at university and struggled to find participants for my own research (I did an actual experiment though) I know what it's like and end up filling in everything haha. Btw, I think your copy paste on Question 15 went wrong. the 2nd question says
"Negative material reactions (such as the refusal to purchase or prepare vegetarian foods) from female family members:Negative verbal reactions from male family members:" - the male bit needs deleting.

Chelsea you are not the first person to post asking for a survey to be filled in. Noone has ever stuck around, so that's where the presumption comes from.

I did the survey.

There are some errors. Besides the one that Liz mentioned, there is this:

Positive material reactions (such as the refusal to purchase or prepare vegetarian foods) from female friends:

Other than the first one, every question that begins "Positive" contains the word refusal. It should be willingness, the word used in the first (correctly worded) question.

I did the survey.

There are some errors. Besides the one that Liz mentioned, there is this:

Positive material reactions (such as the refusal to purchase or prepare vegetarian foods) from female friends:

Other than the first one, every question that begins "Positive" contains the word refusal. It should be willingness, the word used in the first (correctly worded) question.
These errors were pointed out to her on another forum about a week ago, and a few other questions were raised as well. I'm not sure if she saw the posts or not.

I had no idea this thread would turn out so interesting. I just ignored it out of hand. I think of the support I offer most people as 'tough love'.

Reactions: das_nut