vegan permaculture, to save the world?

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
please let me know your thoughts??
if you understand the lifestyle/ practices of vegan permaculture, would you think it would be safe to say that, if everyone lived by this there would be no climate crisis or shortage of healthy food and clean water?
and if this true, would you be as bold to say we are brainwashed into our societies ways and norms, in order to disconnect us and profit from it?
if that's true does anyone think that just by changing our/my own habits and giving back and becoming our/my best version of our/my selve(s) could potentially influence others to do the same and so on and so fourth.... to become something that could truly save the world?

Hi there, and welcome.

I am a newbie vegan permaculture enthusiast and think there is a chance the discussion could get interesting. I grow on a limited basis and use what is otherwise considered waste material to maintain it. Waste materials such as used coffee grounds, grass clippings, vegetable food scraps and other things.

Yes, I believe society is somewhat misled or brainwashed by design in regards to these things and primarily for the profit motive. But it is like this in any field. A newbie taking on any new adventure with limited knowledge is much more likely to fall for marketing of unnecessary products in order to achieve outcomes.

I think permaculture is a huge positive step, but I do not think it by itself is going to solve all the world's major issues. Marketing and the deception that often accompanies it is largely a result of competition for money that is debt based rather than value based. To put it very simply, all money is issued as a debt with interest in western societies, and as a result the public debt can never be repaid in full because of that interest. This puts societies under the thumb of those who issue the currency with debt attached, and competition for $$ is increased along with all the deception of marketing. Permaculture eliminates the need for $$ in a number of key areas, but it will never build things like transport or create new computer chips and other technology.

I don’t have much experience. I am beginning construction on a farm house with 17 acres with ponds zoned for farming with my family. (3 young girls). my fiancé and I want to start a permaculture farm there, when we became vegan a lot regarding our health changed and the more I read and learn about permaculture and veganism/ plant based diet and how it effects the planet by reducing carbon emissions and everything it does for animal safety, healthy food water filtration, off the grid sustainable living on even the smallest area, I just keep seeing the pros of this lifestyle for everyone and everything.. I have been a chef and a kitchen worker for years so I see how terrible the food industry is, wasteful and just horrible, unsustainable to say the least and that’s nothing compared to what’s out there. Permaculture is something that is really giving me a light in this darkness.. it’s really giving me hope and I can’t wait to start.

Hi there, and welcome.

I am a newbie vegan permaculture enthusiast and think there is a chance the discussion could get interesting. I grow on a limited basis and use what is otherwise considered waste material to maintain it. Waste materials such as used coffee grounds, grass clippings, vegetable food scraps and other things.

Yes, I believe society is somewhat misled or brainwashed by design in regards to these things and primarily for the profit motive. But it is like this in any field. A newbie taking on any new adventure with limited knowledge is much more likely to fall for marketing of unnecessary products in order to achieve outcomes.

I think permaculture is a huge positive step, but I do not think it by itself is going to solve all the world's major issues. Marketing and the deception that often accompanies it is largely a result of competition for money that is debt based rather than value based. To put it very simply, all money is issued as a debt with interest in western societies, and as a result the public debt can never be repaid in full because of that interest. This puts societies under the thumb of those who issue the currency with debt attached, and competition for $$ is increased along with all the deception of marketing. Permaculture eliminates the need for $$ in a number of key areas, but it will never build things like transport or create new computer chips and other technology.

Now about the money I think that once you have a fully self sustaining farm or even just small home once heat, clean water, and healthy food are available in abundance (witch a permaculture lifestyle permits) there wouldn't be much need for money and greed, some people would still be super materialistic but that would soon fade away when they felt comfortable with a sustainable lifestyle and diet... not saying this could happen or not obviously people want to do what they do, but just a thought. if one decided to boycott the parent corporations well then they slowly loose power over the "consumer"..
also do you have any thoughts on lawful money? because maybe with the knowledge behind that (witch I don't have too much of) could change everything if people started not standing for the theft of taxes..(not all taxes just that of what is going to fund war and testing of animals and harm to anything) seems to me our government/whoever is in charge is keeping a lot more from us then we think.

Now about the money I think that once you have a fully self sustaining farm or even just small home once heat, clean water, and healthy food are available in abundance (witch a permaculture lifestyle permits) there wouldn't be much need for money and greed, some people would still be super materialistic but that would soon fade away when they felt comfortable with a sustainable lifestyle and diet... not saying this could happen or not obviously people want to do what they do, but just a thought.

Agricultural permaculture (and specifically the vegan type) is great for addressing basic human needs in terms of sustainable food, water, shelter, protection from elements (heat/cold/wind/rain).

It is something that can be baseline and help everyone, and is something everyone can learn. For all the positives, there are some negatives (or perceived negatives, depending on who is asked):

It allows for, but does not provide for:

Specialty skills and Technology:

Does the community want mechanized transport, computers, televisions, firearms and other advanced weapons, video cameras, washing machines, furniture makers, jewelry, other crafts, instrument makers, performing acts, mass provided electricity, news and print media, refrigerators and freezers, general electronics, specialized clothing, metallurgy etc etc.

Industry to provide all these.

A system beyond direct barter is needed for these things. Ie: Money

if one decided to boycott the parent corporations well then they slowly loose power over the "consumer"..

To some extent this is true, although in order to do it I think one must really embrace basic permaculture without specialty perks as mentioned above, and largely if not completely without money, unless it is separate from the current system. It is not only a matter of boycott, though. Under the law, corporations are "legal persons" and have the rights of such to buy and own property, and they have great financial power to influence statesmen and lawmakers in whatever area one lives. They can buy up land - land you may want to live on, or they can influence the State to re-zone the land so that you cannot live on it, so that it can be used for industry, freeways, etc. The corporation under the current legal system is a monster accountable (by law) only to it's shareholders and also (by law) to it's bottom line. The biggest shareholders in major corporations are large banking institutions. These large banking institutions have the most power because of the power of usury and money creation as debt with interest, which starts with the Central banks they borrow from but are also major stakeholders in.

also do you have any thoughts on lawful money? because maybe with the knowledge behind that (witch I don't have too much of) could change everything if people started not standing for the theft of taxes..(not all taxes just that of what is going to fund war and testing of animals and harm to anything) seems to me our government/whoever is in charge is keeping a lot more from us then we think.

I suggest reading G Edward Griffin's "The Creature from Jekyll Island". It is all about money and the Central banking system.

The solution I am not sure of, although I think that some basic guidelines for free communities would be:

A) To use whatever currency they chose as a means of facilitating trade.
B) Use a currency that cannot be inflated or manipulated. Gold/silver has historically been used, but there are certainly other options.
C) To not use money, or mostly not to use it, and forsake many technological conveniences (which is something I think the Amish do).

Agricultural permaculture (and specifically the vegan type) is great for addressing basic human needs in terms of sustainable food, water, shelter, protection from elements (heat/cold/wind/rain).

It is something that can be baseline and help everyone, and is something everyone can learn. For all the positives, there are some negatives (or perceived negatives, depending on who is asked):

It allows for, but does not provide for:

Specialty skills and Technology:

Does the community want mechanized transport, computers, televisions, firearms and other advanced weapons, video cameras, washing machines, furniture makers, jewelry, other crafts, instrument makers, performing acts, mass provided electricity, news and print media, refrigerators and freezers, general electronics, specialized clothing, metallurgy etc etc.

Industry to provide all these.

A system beyond direct barter is needed for these things. Ie: Money

To some extent this is true, although in order to do it I think one must really embrace basic permaculture without specialty perks as mentioned above, and largely if not completely without money, unless it is separate from the current system. It is not only a matter of boycott, though. Under the law, corporations are "legal persons" and have the rights of such to buy and own property, and they have great financial power to influence statesmen and lawmakers in whatever area one lives. They can buy up land - land you may want to live on, or they can influence the State to re-zone the land so that you cannot live on it, so that it can be used for industry, freeways, etc. The corporation under the current legal system is a monster accountable (by law) only to it's shareholders and also (by law) to it's bottom line. The biggest shareholders in major corporations are large banking institutions. These large banking institutions have the most power because of the power of usury and money creation as debt with interest, which starts with the Central banks they borrow from but are also major stakeholders in.

I suggest reading G Edward Griffin's "The Creature from Jekyll Island". It is all about money and the Central banking system.

The solution I am not sure of, although I think that some basic guidelines for free communities would be:

A) To use whatever currency they chose as a means of facilitating trade.
B) Use a currency that cannot be inflated or manipulated. Gold/silver has historically been used, but there are certainly other options.
C) To not use money, or mostly not to use it, and forsake many technological conveniences (which is something I think the Amish do).
Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate seeing my own views differently so I can improve on them

Reactions: Emma JC