1. Vegan
  2. Vegan newbie
  3. Pescetarian
  4. Flexitarian
What is the difference?

Where to find vegan meat?

Is it expencive?

What does it consist on?

I've heard about meat a lot of negative feedback from those who are not in theme.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
What is the difference?

Where to find vegan meat?

Is it expencive?

What does it consist on?

I've heard about meat a lot of negative feedback from those who are not in theme.
I haven't seen people use the term " Vegetarian meat". I assume it would contain either milk or eggs.
Vegan meat would not contain either.
Some of the Quron products are made using eggs so maybe we could call them vegetarian.

The term vegan meat is rarely used, too. More often they call it Plant Based.
Typicaly vegan meat is more expensive than regular meat. Here in America with regular meat prices going up and plant based meats getting cheaper we can envision a day when they are the same prices. I just did a little research using my local supermarket and found that you can buy regular patties at $6 a pound and PB patties at $5/lb.

The ingredients of plant based meat are very variable. Most contain some soy and/or pea protein.

I just did a little research specific to Ukraine and found that you can find the variety of Beyond Meat products in Ukraine as well as some more local brands. One of the local brands s called Go Green and they make a steak like product.

Reactions: Emma JC
Online recipes, cookbooks, or at the grocery store. Most popular grocery chain stores now offer healthier snacks and frozen vegan meals.

Most chain stores have them. Walmart, Kroger, Target, Costco, etc. They're usually made out of soy, wheat, and peas. Their price is high for the amount you get.

Some vegetarian meats like products from Quorn co contains egg and milk but consist of the same "vegan base" as the vegan meats.
Some kinds of vegan meats are based on soy, gluten, mushroom, peas or other legumes and beans, blends of these or veggies.

There is a huga amount of options on the market today which is very nice bc we al have different tastes and needs. If you are looking for something that really resembles meat i would recommend soy-based or seitan. Dehydrated soy curls are cheap to buy in bulk if you (like me) cant afford the chilled and freezer goods like beyond, impossible, vivera, omni pork, Morningstar etc. Otherwise these are surely grate options!

Try and see what you like the best. I often make my own patties, sausages and so alike with soybeans, nuts and aquafaba <3