Vegan For Life: Updated,Revised,Expanded & All-New

VeganForum

Official VF bot
Reaction score
Ginny Messina said:
I’m excited to announce that a completely updated and expanded edition of Vegan for Life is headed into the world. Its pub date is May 12, 2020 and it’s available for pre-order now. My co-author Jack Norris and I have added lots of new material to the book – a brand new and much simplified [...]
More: Vegan For Life: Updated, Revised, Expanded, and All-New

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Virginia "Ginny" Messina is arguably one of the most reputable Registered Dietitians within the vegan movement. She has taught nutrition and dietetics at Loma Linda University and at Central Michigan University. She also serves on the board of advisors for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. She's been promoting veganism for almost 30 years.

I bought and am reading the updated Vegan For Life. The information is detailed and well-organized, and the book cites hundreds of peer-reviewed studies. For me, the main take-away messages are (1) eat more dark green leafy vegetables, and (2) pay attention to iodine (I'm going to buy some iodized salt).

I bought and am reading the updated Vegan For Life. The information is detailed and well-organized, and the book cites hundreds of peer-reviewed studies. For me, the main take-away messages are (1) eat more dark green leafy vegetables, and (2) pay attention to iodine (I'm going to buy some iodized salt).
What about things like nori or kelp?
I've always bought fortified salt myself

What about things like nori or kelp?
I've always bought fortified salt myself

The book says that the iodine content of sea vegetables is extremely variable (from insufficient to excessive), and so the authors recommend iodized salt or iodine supplements. The co-author, registered dietitian Jack Norris, discusses this topic on his website: Iodine .

Last edited: