Vegan face cream 40+ day/night

Lexi

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi Can anyone recommend anti-aging or basically a good day and night cream range for vegans. I used to use Clarins before becoming vegan . I would probably prefer something less expensive, as I am not sure the experience creams are any better.
Please help....!! what do vegans using to clean, tone and moisture...? So excited to hear you thoughts ✨☺️✨xx

I have been using only coconut oil on my face for at least 5-6 years. It's also the best makeup remover. I usually use it before I shower, by slathering it all over my face, then wiping my face clean with a warm, wet washcloth. I'm not personally interested in any anti-aging products, but I believe some citrus oils work. Have you tried Etsy? Lots of people make 100% natural / vegan skin care products and sell them on Etsy (plus you get to support real people, rather than some huge corporation with questionable morals). :)

Reactions: Lexi and Lou
I have been using only coconut oil on my face for at least 5-6 years. It's also the best makeup remover. I usually use it before I shower, by slathering it all over my face, then wiping my face clean with a warm, wet washcloth. I'm not personally interested in any anti-aging products, but I believe some citrus oils work. Have you tried Etsy? Lots of people make 100% natural / vegan skin care products and sell them on Etsy (plus you get to support real people, rather than some huge corporation with questionable morals). :)

Thanks! ✨✨That’s such a great, simple and cheap remedy! Defo going to try coconut oil! Just need to pick up a face cloth
Do you wear makeup yourself, if so what brands do you go for..?

I wash my face in either plain water when not very dirty or in coconut oil like Tofu Robot when wearing make up or just feel the need. Coconut oil is great for your skin and if you are past your early twenties you probably don't need an acne soap or any cleanser that might dry your face. I sometimes add baking soda to the coconut oil for a deep scrub and occasionally use a charcoal or mud mask.

I used to wear sunscreen every single day when I lived in LA but with the UV index being literally 1 many days here I don't bother as much anymore.

At night I do tend to use a moisturizer or oil. I am concerned about aging, but try various products from the co op or local shops. I know Pacifica is a good vegan brand and we get something called Witch in the Woods here. I think it's local. Lush has good face products you can order online. You could always just use vitamin E oil or argon oil.

I just checked and you can buy Witch in the Woods online. Both of their moisturizing products are listed as anti-aging. The serum is vegan by any definition, but the heavy cream contains beeswax which surprises me because they make soy candles. Seems inconsistent.

Reactions: Lou
Thanks! ✨✨That’s such a great, simple and cheap remedy! Defo going to try coconut oil! Just need to pick up a face cloth
Do you wear makeup yourself, if so what brands do you go for..?

I bought a box of basic white wash clothes from Amazon a long ago - I have like 50 of them. Since I did that I also stopped buying paper towels. I think I bought one roll of paper towels last year.

As for makeup - I mostly use NYX, e.l.f., or Physicians Formula. If you don't know about it already/yet, you should check out either PETA's database ( http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx ) or the E.W.G's database - https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ - where you can check for various other ratings in terms of potential toxicity, etc. I also have some older Revlon stuff that I'm using up but won't replace as they test on animals.

My makeup routine (if you can even call it that) consists of just a couple basic things - a powder foundation, blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara. I rarely wear lipstick... But if I do it's usually NYX. I somehow acquired a lip balm that I absolutely love but can't find it anywhere in any store. It's called "HURRAW!" in Vanilla & Orange. When I run out I'm going to have to buy it online somewhere.

Reactions: Lexi
I think I remember wanting to make some anti-aging oil blend once and if I'm not mistaken, rose essential oil was one of the most effective ingredients... It's been a while since I've researched it, but that's what I'm remembering

Yes, there's rose geranium oil in the Witch in the Woods blend, along with argon and vitamin E, and I think something else. For me it's probably cheaper just to buy the Witch in the Woods oil than buying all those oils separately. Then again if you make it over and over it saves over time maybe.

I need to find my recipe for homemade sunscreen, a young guy at school who tries to do low waste taught me. I think it's carrot oil, coconut oil, and shea butter. But I could be leaving one out. Apparently combining them all has an SPF high enough to be considered sun block. Coconut oil has a lower SPF alone. I hate sunblock even the organic mineral kinds has something unpleasant in it, I think it's a standard chemical. I was using it over the summer working at a campground and I just hate how it feels on my face and I think it's irritating to my skin.

I remember this one time I was wearing sunblock and I was sweating and it dripped into my eye. It stung so bad and then I got a headache.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I also hate sunblock/sunscreen. I think that we were all "programmed" to believe it was something we needed a few decades ago. I can't stand how it makes me feel. I believe that my makeup as some in it, but I would prefer it not to. The *only* time I wear it is if I'm going to be outside ALL day in the direct sun. Otherwise, I skip it and wear a hat. I actually have a silver hiking.backpacking umbrella I carry around sometimes. People sometimes laugh at me but I don't care. I'd rather be shaded than put sunscreen on my face.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Thanks so much for all your recommendations ✨ and make up suggestions!! Have found them so helpful
I have been using the coconut oil and found a rosehip oil! Just need to find a good SPF for my holidays in February!

I somehow acquired a lip balm that I absolutely love but can't find it anywhere in any store. It's called "HURRAW!" in Vanilla & Orange. When I run out I'm going to have to buy it online somewhere.
Good luck with lip balm ✨

I somehow acquired a lip balm that I absolutely love but can't find it anywhere in any store. It's called "HURRAW!" in Vanilla & Orange. When I run out I'm going to have to buy it online somewhere.

Pro Tip: I went to their website and contacted them about the flavor I have, and apparently it is a special flavor they make sometimes to throw in as an extra with orders. They change what those flavors are, but right now they have the vanilla & orange... They literally told me if I ordered just one, I'd get a vanilla & orange in the box . The next one will be lime & coconut ... SO, If you want one, order now, or wait a couple weeks if you want a lime & coconut : https://hurrawbalm.com/

It is really good that you have chosen vegan beauty product instead of chemical products. Well you can use Anti-Aging Night Crème 1.7oz from Olychka brand. This is a skin reparative cream provides deeply hydrated and nourished skin while encouraging deep, cellular rejuvenation. You can use this at day time also.