Vegan diet-weight plateau, help!

C.Schro

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This is the second time I have implemented this lifestyle. Easiest "diet" I have ever been on. Love it. I tend to Plateau and hovver between 205 - 210. Goal weight is 180's. No meat. No dairy. I walk 2-3 times a week. Getting back into jogging. Anybody else have this problem? Likely boils down to a combination of diet and exercise. Just throwing out a line to see if this is common and any suggested changes I could inject into my lifestyle that may work. Thanks.

Do you know what your daily calorie expenditure is right now? To lose a pound a week, you would have to drop about 500 cals a day once you know your baseline. Exercise will help, depending on how much you do. If you burn 300 cals on exercise, then you would only have to drop 200 cals for instance.

Reactions: Plant Muncher
Honestly haven't worried about calorie counting because the absence of meat has made weight loss easy. So simple, but since my weight is less, this may be leveling out. I will try to count and base my intake to my goal weight.

I too, lost a lot of weight and then plateaued at my current weight. I spoke to my doctor today and he pretty much said exactly what callador just said almost word-for-word. Good advice.

My problem sometimes, is eating too many almonds, nuts, cashews, sunflower seeds. That could be too much fat
and makes you plateau. Cut way back or eliminate these for a week and see what happens.

I only lose about 1-2 pounds per month at this point. That doesn't sound like much but it is the healthiest, most sustainable type of weight loss when all is said and done. Rapid weight loss is often followed by rapid weigh gain. My body is gradually finding a weight that is a good balance for me. It will just take a bit of time.