Using cbd oil for health purposes

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I recently started taking CBD oil for general health (I got a Balance blend that's supposed to support mood and immunity) and saw that it can also help reduce desire for alcohol or number of drinks consumed if taken every day for at least one week.

I'm hopeful because I sometimes drink as a crutch to deal with global anxieties and personal stress.

Has anyone else had luck with CBD for any purpose?

I have not used CBD, myself, but I have a good friend that swears by it. However, she uses it to treat chronic pain. She has slowly increased the amount she takes, which has been effective for her to some degree.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I don't have access to, nor have tried CBD oil, but I do know that plain old run of the mill C. Sativa does suppress alcohol appetite to some degree. I used to shun it until I learned more about Cannabis in general then found I could half my beer consumption if I went to the pub just to have a good time. As I understand it, the hops plant and the Cannabis plant share some characteristics that may account for this.

I have not used CBD, myself, but I have a good friend that swears by it. However, she uses it to treat chronic pain. She has slowly increased the amount she takes, which has been effective for her to some degree.

That's great that it's helping your friend. My understanding is that it has a beneficial effect on any malady that concerns the central nervous system - it's been used to treat everything from certain types of epilepsy in children, to chronic pain like your friend, to slowing the progression of Alzheimer's in the elderly.

I don't have access to, nor have tried CBD oil, but I do know that plain old run of the mill C. Sativa does suppress alcohol appetite to some degree. I used to shun it until I learned more about Cannabis in general then found I could half my beer consumption if I went to the pub just to have a good time. As I understand it, the hops plant and the Cannabis plant share some characteristics that may account for this.

Well CBD oil has been extracted from the marijuana plant separate from the more psychoactive chemical, THC. Though you can happily purchase vegan chocolates at any California dispensary with a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC when you want the nice warm "high" ...CBD oil can be purchased separately and legally over-the-counter at common places like grocery stores and pharmacies, though some in some areas one might have to look at the supplements display at the local health shop.

CBD oil can be safely given to children, and though it can have side effects of sleepiness, decreased appetite, or upset stomach in some people in large doses, it doesn't have any of the damaging or distracting side effects of THC. It's like smoking weed and only getting the health benefits without the intoxication or risk of apathy or short-term memory loss.

CBD oil works apparently for varying forms of addiction ranging from smoking cigarettes to actually being a heroin addict. I'm not claiming CBD oil alone is the answer for every substance abuse problem, but studies I've read describe how it works on particular receptors in the brain that signal "fullness" or contentment to a person, so in that regard "fills" the colloquial "addict's hole" allowing the person to self-soothe without resorting to other substances to self-medicate.

I'm curious about people's personal experiences though, since I mainly have talked to people who use it for pain or anxiety or just a general curiosity about health benefits.

It will be nice once there's more scientific research done on the therapeutic use of medical marijuana, including the derivatives, like CBD oil.

It would also be nice if doctors knew more about medical cannabis, over all. My doctor is open-mined about it, but he doesn't have a clue about what to prescribe for various medical issues. He's definitely against smoking it, as it does damage your lungs. That's no big secret. If I said I was in bad pain, he wouldn't have a clue what dosage or even what product to prescribe.

My friend that uses CBD oil for pain has had a lot of success with it, but it took a lot of trial and error, before getting the dosing right. Also, CBD oil is not all created equal. Quality control seems to be an ongoing issue with the use of CBD oil as well. There needs to be better standards if its going to be used, medicinally.

I wanna try 4 severe pain but so pricey.
200.gif

It's really a shame insurance companies don't recognize the medicinal value of CBD and THC. Well, hopefully someday our insurance will cover medications like cannabis and its extracts.

Your very kind forest nymph . I don't know about go fund me page. Most people don't really care.
I have a severe nerve disorder in my foot and leg and bowel disease as well as migraines. Yep I live in hell. I tried herbs but doesn't help and drugs make me really sick and some do not make me sick but do not work.
200w.gif
I don't even have insurance either.

Your very kind forest nymph . I don't know about go fund me page. Most people don't really care.
I have a severe nerve disorder in my foot and leg and bowel disease as well as migraines. Yep I live in hell. I tried herbs but doesn't help and drugs make me really sick and some do not make me sick but do not work.
200w.gif
I don't even have insurance either.

I feel so bad for you. I only get migraines if I drink too much alcohol or if I'm super sick with a sinus infection or something.

I really hope there's something out there for you. Irie CBD oil is a little cheaper than some of the other brands and they specifically have a pain formula. I don't know about where you live but there's also little packets of pure CBD oil with like two servings in them in some shops, like as a sample, which is cheaper if you just want to try it.

Then there's old fashioned cannabis ha.

I found a website that ships world wide so my mom helping me out with the cost. It's on sale for 43 dollar regular 98 dollars.

omg hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will order next week!!!!!!!!

super late reply, but this right here probably saved my life. I cut my alcohol consumption by 90% this year.

lost 50 pounds just by not drinking!

@Forest Nymph
How about you? Did it have any effects?

Yes I find CBD without THC has a real calming and centering effect. I should have kept it up during the high stress times approaching finals. The effect is subtle but real and can make a difference in behaviour like catastrophizing. I made an A on an exam I was afraid to fail. That's ridiculous to just trip out so extremely. I think CBD helps with that because there's no potential for paranoid thoughts like THC.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive constituent of the cannabis plant, and is now legally available in drops or capsules.

I've been using it for the past week, thought it was worth a try as I suffer from insomnia. For me it really works - been sleeping much better, with no hangover effects next day. My sister used cbd for pain. Works for her too.