News Unprecedented Ebola outbreak in West Africa

contagion_zpse206968d.jpg
No fear here, I got all the ammo I need for the zombies, which I'm sure is somehow linked to Ebola. I haven't pieced that part together, but I'm sure nonetheless.

He doesn't have Ebola. Fine, putting away the guns, unloading the crossbow, and going back to the workout playlist instead of the killing zombies playlist.

If people act like they usually do in situations like this, then it has potential to really hit the *******.

At this point, the American right wing nutsophere is acting like Dustin Hoffman in the movie Outbreak and claims that we're all gonna die any minute from Ebola. At least one of the nuts thinks Ebola is like AIDS and looks forward to it wiping out atheists, gays, sluts, and other "undesirables". Apparently he thinks it wouldn't have any effect on him and people just like him. (God-fearing Christians and such.)

Oh, and Ann Coulter criticized American doctors for "slinking" off to Africa to help people when they could have stayed home, and got slammed for it. By other conservatives.

A quarantine centre for suspected Ebola patients in the Liberian capital Monrovia has been attacked and looted by protesters, police say.

The incident happened in the densely populated West Point township on Saturday evening.

At least 20 patients who were being monitored for signs of the illness have left the centre.

Officials said blood-stained bedding looted from the centre posed a serious infection risk.
More: BBC News - Ebola crisis: Protesters attack Liberia quarantine centre
Also: Ebola Spread Feared As Sufferers Flee Mob

First case in the United States. If it ever causes problems, our leaders will still talk about how wonderful globalization is.

A nurse at a hospital in Madrid, Spain, who was treating missionaries who has contracted ebola in west Africa, has been diagnosed with the ebola virus:
The spread of Ebola across Europe is "quite unavoidable", the World Health Organisation has warned as four people were in hospital after a Spanish nurse became the first person known to have contracted the virus outside Africa.

WHO European director Zsuzsanna Jakab has said while more cases will spread in Europe, the continent should be well prepared to control the disease.

Health officials in Spain today said four people - the nurse, her husband and two others - were being monitored in hospital in a bid to stem the spread of the virus.
More: Ebola outbreak: Spread of deadly disease across Europe is 'unavoidable', warns WHO chief - Europe - World - The Independent (The Independent, 07 October 2014)

There are new guidelines at my workplace, dealing with asking ill patients if they've been out of the country, etc. Similar to the SARS event a few years ago.

The hospital has new head to toe gear ready to be worn in the unlikely, they say, event of an Ebola case showing up in the ER. They say it is so the health care workers won't worry about contracting Ebola if caring for a patient. Lol.

A blogger I know has a column about a Liberian doctor who is apparently successfully treating ebola patients with an existing anti-HIV drug.

See: Cappuccino Soul™

The man in Dallas died. :(
"The first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States died on Wednesday, underscoring questions about the quality of care he received, and the government ordered five airports to start screening passengers from West Africa for fever."

Chicago Tribune

Some of the comments following the article are highly interesting.
They certainly don't hold back! And the NWO conspiracy theories add some extra spice to it ..

I think it makes sense to try and do everything possible to contain the outbreak now instead of it spreading further, perhaps as far as the UK ... And let's face it, these African countries are not equipped or staffed to properly deal with this virus. I hope the troops they are sending are properly trained and equipped, though. And paid well, too.