News Twelve Surprising Things that Aren't Vegan

The Altoids and the Plastic bags were news to me.

I really dislike the article. It starts off with:

"It’s hard to stick to a vegan lifestyle. It can be easy to be foiled by ingredients that just slip right by you, and these aren’t just in food."

The article is pushing the BS idea that if you accidentally eat/use a little bit of animal ingredient, then you're not sticking to a vegan lifestyle.

It's impossible to avoid every single milligram of animal material! Being 99% vegan is more than enough to help the animals.

The "it's hard to stick to a vegan lifestyle" claim is BS, too. In California, you can get veg burgers at any major supermarket, and at some major fast food restaurants. My regular supermarket carries 4 different types of vegan milk!

Reactions: Emma JC
I really dislike the article. It starts off with:

"It’s hard to stick to a vegan lifestyle. It can be easy to be foiled by ingredients that just slip right by you, and these aren’t just in food."

The article is pushing the BS idea that if you accidentally eat/use a little bit of animal ingredient, then you're not sticking to a vegan lifestyle.

It's impossible to avoid every single milligram of animal material! Being 99% vegan is more than enough to help the animals.

The "it's hard to stick to a vegan lifestyle" claim is BS, too. In California, you can get veg burgers at any major supermarket, and at some major fast food restaurants. My regular supermarket carries 4 different types of vegan milk!

To a great extent, I agree with you. but just judging by some of the things vegans post here at the forum, it is not as easy for some people. And there are also people who freak out when they eat just a little non-vegan food. And some vegans spend a lot of time analyzing and worrying about the ingredients in their food.

I am with you. I think it is easy and I don't sweat the small stuff. but there are some vegans who don't.