Toxic Algae Blooms

Last edited:
Ok. Note more importantly that animal agriculture, particularly meat ag of cows and pigs leads to this. I'm anti GMO too but let's be real here, people who cultivate meat are doing the most damage even over people who still engage in animal husbandry of chickens and goats for eggs and milk. Meat is killing the planet. Full stop murder is the case. Everything else could be altered and become manageable if meat ag disappeared and we took full advantage of renewable energy tech.

Reactions: Emma JC and LoCo
Ok. Note more importantly that animal agriculture, particularly meat ag of cows and pigs leads to this. I'm anti GMO too but let's be real here, people who cultivate meat are doing the most damage even over people who still engage in animal husbandry of chickens and goats for eggs and milk. Meat is killing the planet. Full stop murder is the case. Everything else could be altered and become manageable if meat ag disappeared and we took full advantage of renewable energy tech.

Algae blooms occur naturally in our waterways. Fertilizers and animal waste from run-off from farmers' fields increase algae growth. Glyphosate exacerbates the problem by excessively speeding up the growth of these algae blooms. Even if it was only the fertilizers that aren't made from animal waste that were spilling into our lakes and rivers, it would still be a huge problem.

Last edited:
The link that I shared in the first post on this thread now works. I don't know why it didn't work before. It's a mystery, I guess. -- :confused: Anyway, here's another link that I think explains a little better why we need to eliminate glyphosate from being used on America's farms.