TV & Film TLC cancels its 'Honey Boo Boo' series

Yeah, it's about damn time, but an alleged child molester - is that what it took to get it off the air? Will TLC look for another family of rednecks to showcase in order to sink viewer IQ to a new low?

Does anybody remember when the TLC, the learning channel, actually had educational programming? TV is strange these days.

Before it was privatized.
I don't know the business history of these channels...but the same thing has happen to others like "Discovery". My explanation for the shift has been a socioeconomic one, that is, 2~3 decades ago cable access was more concentrated in higher socioeconomic families but now cable access is almost universal so demand for educational programming has dramatically declined. In any case...it reminds me of the movie idiocrazy.

That clip made me want cable even more. Far too many stations, far too many shows, and far too much bad TV programming out there. Sometimes I think even my somewhat boring family would have a shot at being on a reality show.

Yeah, it's about damn time, but an alleged child molester - is that what it took to get it off the air? Will TLC look for another family of rednecks to showcase in order to sink viewer IQ to a new low?
He's hardly "alleged" -- he served 10 years for forcing oral sex on an 8 year old female. That female was related to the mom on this show.