WORDLE…. A wasted life?

rogerjolly

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Anybody else been completely addicted to WORDLE?

I have been living with this disease for a long time. What started as a gentle little mental exercise has developed into an absolute obsession.

Your progress is recorded in two numbers; current streak and max streak. Once your current streak reaches double figures it reads 10 10. Once it reaches triple figures it reads 100100 with no gap between the two numbers.

Once you have reached this stage you know you have the game conquered and there is little point in going further.

But I wondered what would happen with quadruple figures. Would the second 1000 revert to zero? Would the 1 of the max streak erase the last 0 of the current streak? I decided to test the outcome before committing to WORDLE retirement.

It’s a very long way to 1000 and stupid slips at 150, 243 and even 632 take you back to zero and complete exasperation.

Well, this morning I reached my 1000 target. And the units’ space of the current streak held both its own 0 and the 1 of the max streak. I expect that the designer of the site never once thought that anybody would be so foolish as to attempt a 1000 streak.

The word vegan never once occurred but also no beefy or dairy but there has been the occasional honey and the one bacon.

Roger.

we both play it every day and also the Canadian version canuckle - only at 138 games played so can't comment on the streak issue

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

In US I don't have that scoring.

My son does Quordle, I tried for the first time:
Daily Quordle 126
7️⃣🟥
8️⃣🟥
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜ 🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜ 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I play Wordle when I can. Sometimes I skip a night or two, but I like it a lot. I play Quordle, too.

• Friendly
Yeah, I play it to, but it's getting boring. What should be a good few minutes thought whilst sipping coffee first thing each morning whilst I warm up in front of the stove often taken just a few seconds to resolve.

Wordle 352 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I might have a look at quordle instead.

I play a round of electronic scrabble in competition mode every night though. Recently broke my all time record against both a human & a computer with a score of 498.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I had a hard time getting to sleep last night and was so bothered that I forget wordle/quordle :rofl:

• Haha
Roger Jolly, are you saying you got 1000 in a row correct??!

Yes. 1000 consecutively correct. Which is why I posed the provocative question in the thread title. I have now retired from the long haul job and now occasionally keep my hand in with the daily one from New York Times.

I developed my “grand scheme” once I learned that it was futile to guess. You might strike lucky but the odds are against you.

As an example take today’s New York Times. Line 3 produced R and T correctly positioned in the third and fourth slots with an incorrectly positioned I meaning the answer would likely be DIRTY BIRTH GIRTH or MIRTH. Instead of guessing in line 4 I went for BUGGY. This would give a positive result for one of the first three probables or a negative one for MIRTH. Hence the solution came out in line 5.

The unlimited games site I used was Wordle Game - Play Unlimited

I am not recommending it because of having to prop up large envelopes at each side of the screen to hide the highly irritating flashing adverts and the equally irritating “naughty ladies”.

Roger.

1000 in a row correct seems to empty a combination of BOTH talent AND spending too much time on the game.

I wonder...would a good test of whether you are spending too much time on something be first to break the habit completely for a while, and then after that see how much you want to do it again.

I went to the New York Times yesterday and decided to type "TRAIN" Amazingly the first four letters were immediately correct, second guess was trail, third guess was trait which was correct.

I developed my “grand scheme” once I learned that it was futile to guess. You might strike lucky but the odds are against you.

As an example take today’s New York Times. Line 3 produced R and T correctly positioned in the third and fourth slots with an incorrectly positioned I meaning the answer would likely be DIRTY BIRTH GIRTH or MIRTH. Instead of guessing in line 4 I went for BUGGY. This would give a positive result for one of the first three probables or a negative one for MIRTH. Hence the solution came out in line 5.

my solution today was similar only I used gambe as my "find the consonant" and then kicked myself because I had the correct word typed in and then got scared when I realized Birth and Mirth were also options

I always start with the same word and if I don't have enough letters then I have a standard second word too.

Emma JC

1000 in a row correct seems to empty a combination of BOTH talent AND spending too much time on the game.

I wonder...would a good test of whether you are spending too much time on something be first to break the habit completely for a while, and then after that see how much you want to do it again.

I went to the New York Times yesterday and decided to type "TRAIN" Amazingly the first four letters were immediately correct, second guess was trail, third guess was trait which was correct.

why would he wish to break the habit? I have a series of games that I play every day that include solitaire, word games, wordle, canuckle, mathler and it helps me to stay sharp, see patterns, feel organized and accomplished

Emma JC

Reactions: vesper818
The unlimited games site I used was Wordle Game - Play Unlimited

I am not recommending it because of having to prop up large envelopes at each side of the screen to hide the highly irritating flashing adverts and the equally irritating “naughty ladies”.
I think I can come up with other reasons for not recommending it... see below. (You don't get the adverts and naughty ladies on a mobile screen)

Screenshot_20220614-151317_Opera.jpg

The bigger issue is how it deals with duplicate letters. This was a deliberate test after an issue with the previous word... the actual answer to this one was "death" which from the 3rd line isn't exactly what I was expecting.

Screenshot_20220614-151611_Opera.jpg

I don't think I'll carry on with this one either!