Thrift Store Shopping

What days do you guys tend to find the best items? We used to go on Wednesdays to the Goodwill here, sometime in the afternoon. They'd get a good amount of the new shipments out. But that seems to have changed.

What days do you guys tend to find the best items? We used to go on Wednesdays to the Goodwill here, sometime in the afternoon. They'd get a good amount of the new shipments out. But that seems to have changed.

Wednesdays are always the big sale days here also.

Today I took my cousin to the airport so I got to make a trip to Good Will. I found 3 good hardback books, a new cane (I use a cane), and a cloth collapsible tube (it works somewhat like a nylon car window shade) for my dog to play in/around. I got change back from a five dollar bill.

I went to some charity shops last week and found 3 books (one was a hardback and nearly new) and a CD for a grand total of £3 :jump:

That's a good point fadedone about going after the holidays. I never thought of that. I need a coffee maker. Maybe I'll find one next January. :)

Since I mostly go to our two smaller thrift shops now, they put things out on a consistent basis. I do find that I wait until after the 10th of each month because the thrift shops are more crowded because people get their checks and then go thrift shopping. I find this especially true of the little downtown shop we have. I find this true for shopping in general. Stores are less crowded after the tenth.

I went yesterday to the Hospice Thrift Shop to drop off some books... I got them there.. now they can sell them again!! I found a really cute summer top and a pair of pants for $1 each. :D

Reactions: thefadedone
284305_2237971785631_7397961_n.jpg

I bought this last year for 7 at a hospice thrift.

Reactions: thefadedone