Thousands of buffalo will be slaughtered-Hindu Festival

prani_saa

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
"Forgive them God because they don't know what they are doing"... I think most people do know what they are doing but doing it for the wrong reasons thinking they have the right to do it...

I spoke with one Hindu believer and he said they believe when they kill a chicken for example that they will become something better in the next life.........
What kind of belief is that??? Like really???

The article says that this animal sacrifice has been banned by temple authorities, but many people are doing it anyway. The power of superstition.

So much for "namaste."

Lol I'm sorry that stuff gets on my last nerve. I am not someone who hates religion, and I consider myself a "spiritual but not religious" but so many New Age types justify horrible things through Eastern religion or "being on my own journey."

This is actually really sad. Worship cows but sacrifice other animals.

So much for "namaste."

Lol I'm sorry that stuff gets on my last nerve. I am not someone who hates religion, and I consider myself a "spiritual but not religious" but so many New Age types justify horrible things through Eastern religion or "being on my own journey."

This is actually really sad. Worship cows but sacrifice other animals.

Probably not accurate to assume that animal sacrifice is part of mainstream Hinduism. According to the article, this practice (though horrendously violent) is limited to a remote corner of Nepal.

For that matter, tantric Buddhism sometimes includes animal sacrifice, even though it's not a part of mainstream Buddhism.

Also good to remember that Hindu India and Mahayana Buddhist China have created fantastic vegetarian cuisines (even though the majority of adherents are not vegetarian). Most East Asian vegetarian restaurants display a painting or statue of the Buddhist goddess Guan Shi Yin (aka Quan Yin or Quan The Am).

Below: Photo of Bo De Tinh Tam Chay vegetarian restaurant (credit: Yelp), with Buddhist Guan Shi Yin statue to the left:

1579567747242.png

Last edited:
Yikes! Sorry for empty posts - there's no "Delete" option. Moderator, could I ask you to delete this post, and my previous empty one?