Thinning hair

joyfuljoy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello lovely people šŸ„°

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me? I have been slowly losing hair over the last 10 years probably, not so much in patches but it is just thinning all at the front and the sides mainly. I've always had fine thin hair and I notice with periods of stress it can get worse, or potentially I am just blaming stress for it.

It has definitely got worse since I went vegan (but I have also went through a quite a few personal stresses during this period) but equally I know I don't eat anywhere near well enough and making sure I am getting my daily dozen. Anyone have any advice of what could be causing it or what to get checked (thyroid levels are grand, I have been anaemic on and off my whole life but last time I gave blood my iron levels were good)? Anyone know who I should get an appointment with even privately? My GP just said thyroid and said if it comes back grand then I just have to live with this. It is something I am so self-conscious about and I need to have my hair up for work so I can't hide it. You can see the half of the curvature of my skull at the top when my hair is tied up, it's embarrassing. Any advice for supplements and what to make sure I am getting in my diet?

I really try to look after the hair I have got šŸ˜‚ sleep with masks/conditioner 3 times a week and have just started to use castor oil on my balding bits šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
welcome @joyfuljoy - how long have you been vegan?

You have identified one of the solutions and that is making sure you are eating properly. Are you eating a whole food plant-based lifestyle or more of a processed food lifestyle. You obviously know about the daily dozen (Dr Greger). Cronometer is a good way to check out what nutrients you may need to add.

One other vegan that I know that has/had a similar challenge is the wife of "That Vegan Couple". If you go back to some of their videos from a year or so ago you will find her addressing the topic. Maybe contact her and ask how she is dealing with it?

So sorry you are dealing with this and sending you healing thoughts.

Emma JC

I struggle with thinning hair as well. šŸ˜æ I have been taking biotin pills.