The Vegan Climate Index and BYND Stock

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I feel ecstatic about the existence of these things, as I am sure this is what is needed at this time in a capitalist society to normalize veganism.

I've seen hostile or suspicious reactions from some vegans, such as ...why Beyond Burgers, why not any plant based brand which came before...or stupid comments related to diet bias, people complaining it's not WFPB - I'm just like you're so missing the point you're not even in the ballpark....or I wonder if these people have identity issues which are threatened by the idea of vegan going mainstream.

Does anyone invest? It seems like this would be a money maker and the VCI ETF is a measure of vegan and environmentally friendly companies in the market.

No, I don't know anything about stocks. But BYND is doing extremely well. I am sure it's a phenomenon of right place at the right moment, and their willingness to work within the system by selling their burgers at fast food restaurants.

Reactions: Hog and Lou
I'm too chicken to play the market but I do have my savings in a mutual fund that is "socially responsible". No weapons, no oil companies, that kind of thing. And it is doing really well right now, too. I forget its name but I'll look it up later

Reactions: Hog
"I prefer small capitalization value index funds."
- I must sound like some pretentious a$$ when I say that. Even a guy like me can invest.