'The Simpsons' co-creator buys Sea Shepherd a new ship

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sam Simon is one of the good guys....founded multiple programs for animals and families and he's vegan too. :)

While Matt Groening and James Brooks are the two names most associated with the success of “The Simpsons” (the longest-running American primetime, scripted television series), producer Sam Simon also had a hand in making the show a reality.
He left the show in 1993, but as one would expect, continues to receive wads of cash each year. While not pursuing other interests outside the world of television (such as being a successful and avid professional poker player), Simon has put his wealth to good use. First there’s the “Sam Simon Foundation” dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating stray dogs that would otherwise be euthanized. These animals then go on to become service dogs for the disabled. His foundation also offers a free mobile spay and neutering program for low-income pet owners.
Last year, he launched the “Sam Simon Foundation Feeding Families” which provides food for people and animals in need. Oh yea – he’s also a board member for Save The Children, hosts the largest annual fundraiser for PETA, and rocks a vegan diet.
In other words, Simon is seriously committed to making the world a better place for people and animals...

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2012/06/19/...ea-shepherd-a-new-ship/#.T-DCzhK0jw9.facebook

Reactions: Rosie1
It would be a shame if we left a world with no whales to future generations, wouldn't it?

I'm relatively certain there won't be any Bengal Tigers, Orangutangs or Black Rhinos left when my little niece is my age.