Status
Not open for further replies.

Update : :confounded:

Sad to say
ZVUGcoOxvngLcMz-128x128-noPad.jpg

Mr Fox
United Kingdom
6 MAR 2020 —

With a heavy heart I wanted to update you all that The RSPCA will not be bringing a case against Jolyon Maugham QC due to lack of evidence. Given the lengths of his own admissions and public bragging this remains an important incident in establishing the legal course of action and what is considered acceptable behaviour when faced with a trapped, scared animal where no threat to the public. Clubbing is expressly prohibited in existing legislation. Please continue to support this petition to encourage the CPS to look into this important matter directly. One rule for some is not an acceptable outcome; neither is an unenforceable law.

Hello all

Well, first apologies, I think I should have posted on the Covid thread about the family and concerns. However, as I posted here, I thought I should update here.

After talking to Dad, he said that Mum called 111 (NHS advice line ) at 3 p.m. on Sunday as she had not got over her virus. She was told that she would get a call back due to the length of time she's had it. At midnight, they got a telephone call that a doctor would attend within 5 hours as she didn't feel well enough to visit her G.P. Mum then spent the night on the settee next to the phone, staying awake until a 5 a.m. visit. A G.P. in full PPE examined her, stated that she had a chest infection and gave her anti-biotics.

He did not state at any time she had Covid-19 and they forgot to ask! However, Mum was adamant she did have temperature and cough and Dad said she didn't. She pointed out that she was sleeping separately on different floor, and, coughing more at night when trying to sleep. Plus Dad is deaf and didn't hear it. So, I am relieved to a point that it may not be serious. G.P. said that he heard 'crackling' in her right lung. My brother has had the same diagnosis, and, as a driver is back at work and taking his a-b's. Other brother telephoned to say he was improving and also on medication.

Both parents had their annual flu jab last autumn. So, to add to the confusion/anxiety it is flu/cold season here. Mum is still self-isolating and the G.P. was pleased to hear it. Interestingly, the GP had a driver who remained outside, I thought that was a good idea in the sense that I can imagine they would be quickly exhausted trying to drive, find patients and then put on PPE and do diagnosis. But also a risk for the driver as well as GP.

Annoyed though, Dad went out to get groceries at designated time slot for pensioners/vulnerable people, in his car. Although I pointed out that I appreciated he valued his independence, he should be self-isolating because of his age, and because Mum has a virus. He said he did the social distancing thing, wore gloves, wiped trolley with anti-bacterial wipes before and after use, so it was ok.....
:worried:

I don't think he gets it, he is putting himself and Mum at risk just being out, or worse, potentially spreading another virus at the time that he is mingling with vulnerable or at risk groups.

Yesterday I went to a local garage shop for one thing, the staff behind the counter wore disposable latex gloves and there was a large sign saying that cash was not being accepted. Everything had to be paid using a card (contactless or with PIN). Luckily, as I bought goods less than £30, I could pay contactless (and I was wearing ordinary gloves). However, the small queue behind me weren't socially distancing as it's a small shop. I am avoiding that shop in future....

Trying not to worry or get anxious about it. And to stay cheerful. I said to parents I can shop whilst he waits in car park (I can walk to supermarket alone), I can take precautions of social distancing and wear gloves, etc. and put groceries in his car boot, and then he can unload and wipe stuff down his end.

Anyway, I have rambled enough, and we are all in lockdown now here as of last night. Take care of yourselves everyone and I hope all our loved ones are safe.
:flower:

Hello 👋,
Please sign and share this petition to help save the whales 🐋 🐳. Sign Petition: Save the Whale!!!!
Thank you 😊.
May you, all the whales, dolphins and other cetaceans, fish and other sea creatures and all other sentient beings everywhere be perfectly well, healthy, happy and safe forever ♾️.
Best Wishes to all,
Rory.
Have the best day and night ever!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Reactions: Lou and Chryssie

Hello 👋,
Please sign and share this petition to help get major Chinese and South Korean companies to speak up against the dog and cat meat trades!
Sign Petition: Chinese and South Korean Companies: Please Speak Out Against the Dog and Cat Meat Trades!!!!! We Will Boycott Your Companies and Products Until You Do So!!!!!
Together, we CAN get these awful cruelties stopped permanently!
Thank you 😊.

what exactly is the right of other nations to demand that some nations stop breeding and killing certain species of animals ?

80 billion land animals per year are bred and killed for human and pet consumption every year world wide.

40 percent of broiler chickens end up boiled alive with no welfare rules in the usa....ducks have food forced down their necks to grow their livers painfull for foie gras...shell fish like lobsters and land animals like snails are boiled alive in millions...

It is totally legal to breed and kill any animal anywhere....no country in the world bans anyone from killing their pet dog and eating it.

So what right...has anyone ...to demand that chickens or dogs be taken off the menus of other nations ?

what exactly is the right of other nations to demand that some nations stop breeding and killing certain species of animals ?

80 billion land animals per year are bred and killed for human and pet consumption every year world wide.

40 percent of broiler chickens end up boiled alive with no welfare rules in the usa....ducks have food forced down their necks to grow their livers painfull for foie gras...shell fish like lobsters and land animals like snails are boiled alive in millions...

It is totally legal to breed and kill any animal anywhere....no country in the world bans anyone from killing their pet dog and eating it.

So what right...has anyone ...to demand that chickens or dogs be taken off the menus of other nations ?
Sentient beings all matter, whether they are chickens, pigs, cattle, ducks, geese, sheep/lambs, turkeys, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits or any other species. No sentient being should be deliberately killed, or subjected to abuse or cruelty, unnecessarily.
Yes, the UK, the USA and many other countries eat cattle, pigs, etc., and yes, it is hypocritical, but any opposition to the brutal slaughter of dogs and cats in South Korea, North Korea and China is a good thing and a step in the right direction. We need to save as many animals as possible!!! This isn’t about racism or prejudice against cultures or anyone, this is about compassion for animals...

Hello 👋,
Please sign and share this petition to help get Bill and Melinda Gates to buy and save as much rainforest as possible!!! Let’s make this petition go viral!

Thank you 😊.

'TIL THE COWS COME HOME
FUNDRAISING

2020 has been a series of crises we could never have prepared for. From bushfires, to floods and now COVID-19, the world and all those who inhabit it have really taken a hit. It’s often easy to forget our precious animals however in chaotic times like these, they need our help more than ever. We know many people with animals are struggling.

We work directly with both farmers and families to save and rehome unwanted farm animals.

Hello 👋,
Please sign and share this petition to get schools of Devon to teach that fish have feelings and have classroom debates on fishing!!! This could help get a push to get our foot 🦶 in the door 🚪, to help grow the movement against fishing and stop fishing and save fish’s lives!!!

Thank you 😊.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Status
Not open for further replies.