Animal Rights The "omni see's the light" but it makes sweet FA difference thread ...

Clueless Git

Plant powered
Reaction score
(Mod: Damned if I could figure out where to post this so please move to another forum if appropriate!)

Anyways, a thread for people to post personal experiences along a certain theme ...

Well, I still eat chocolate, like Frys and that isn't fair trade. So that is similar to some of these omnies....probably other stuff too.

I'm sorry, but I can't really tell even from the title what this thread is supposed to be about. Is it to complain about omnis who understand about factory farms but still eat meat? :shrug:

My brother:

Worked for an industrial gas company and got put onto working for a contract for bulk gassing pigs.

General plan:

1. Piggies get walked along an elevated gang-way that causes them to fall, in controlled numbers (15 at a time from memory), into a large industrial skip/dumpster.

2. Hydraulicaly operated lid seals dumpster full of squealing porkers and gas is pumped in to asphixiate them.

3. After optimal 'suffocate the piggies time' the skip tilts and dead piggies fall down a chute into the abbortoir for dismemberment.

Importantly! The original plan was to use argon gas, an inert gas. Inert gases do not trigger the pain of suffocation. Only Co2 does that.

M'brother was not unhappy with that.

Argon is expensive though so the spec was changed to use a cheaper gas.

They went for C02 deeming the savings so acheivable to outweigh piggies enduring 3 minutes of the single most panic inducing agony known to any animal that ever breathed air.

In the full glaring light of such callousness my brother actualy quit his job rather than to have any part of that.

He still eats bacon though.

I'm sorry, but I can't really tell even from the title what this thread is supposed to be about. Is it to complain about omnis who understand about factory farms but still eat meat? :shrug:

"sweet fa" means "sweet **** all", in the UK this means "omni sees the light but it doesn't make any difference". Maybe that was lost in overseas translation?

If it's legal then a lot of people see no reason not to do stuff.
Indeed.

I worked for a guy once. He saw nothing wrong in buggering 7-12 year old children if he went to countries where buggering 7-12 is not illegal.

I kinda regret not having taken the oportunity to have made anatomonical alterations to his person that would have made him more .... errr .... 'child freindly'.

Reactions: sallyomally
Indeed.

I worked for a guy once. He saw nothing wrong in buggering 7-12 year old children if he went to countries where buggering 7-12 is not illegal.

I kinda regret not having taken the oportunity to have made anatomonical alterations to his person that would have made him more .... errr .... 'child freindly'.

Is there a reason why you did not report him to the police CG ?

Is there a reason why you did not report him to the police CG ?

Well, even if I had any evidence apart from his word, which I didn't ..

1. He hadn't commited a criminal offence within UK legal jurisdiction.

2. What he said he had done was not a criminal offence in the country in which he claimed to have done it.

Pedophile sex tourism was big business for some countries in the 80's.

If the article quoted below is correct then that remains true to this very day ...

Wednesday a campaign called the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children From Sexual Commercial Exploitation in Travel and Tourism, or simply "the code," was launched at the UN.

A joint effort by UNICEF, the World Tourism Organization, and ECPAT-USA, a global organization that works to end child prostitution, the "code" is designed to create a more responsible tourism industry, one vigilant against child exploitation. Its signatories commit to helping identify - and more importantly - report potential abusers.

Fifty companies have signed on to the code, but so far only one from the US, Carlson Companies Inc., has agreed to participate.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0422/p11s01-wogi.html/(page)/3

Well, even if I had any evidence apart from his word, which I didn't ..

1. He hadn't commited a criminal offence within UK legal jurisdiction.

2. What he said he had done was not a criminal offence in the country in which he claimed to have done it.

Pedophile sex tourism was big business for some countries in the 80's.

If the article quoted below is correct then that remains true to this very day ...

Things have drastically changed since the 80's and fortunately more children are now proteced from
sex tourism. However, there is still more that can be done as evil people still find a way to abuse children.