Package Exchange The Christmas Exchange Thread

I confess, I opened mine a little early (so I didn't have to either take it to my mum's only to bring it back or, worse, WAIT).

My box of awesome goodies was from the lovely Renee! It is AMAZING :D

2znv66p.jpg

10pbzp0.jpg

2mhwnkk.jpg

In no particular order:
-Two Christmas flannels
-Cupcake kit with cases and toppers
-A home made Christmas tea blend which smells DIVINE
-A tea flower
-Some green tea
-Two little trinket boxes, one containing what I assume is bath salts (is it?), and the other containing some incredible jewellery (which is full of aniseed sweets in the picture)
-Two hand-made recipe books. One is for me to write my recipes in, and the other is full of Renee's own recipes which I can't wait to try!
-Hand-made Christmas cards and gift tags
-Candy canes
-A kit to make my own Christmas glitter snoopy decorations
-A jar of... Something. I haven't worked that one out yet... It has a spoon, so I'm tempted to eat it...

(Ignore the Rasmus DVD in the picture, it was just on the table when boyfriend took the pictures :p)

But, whatever's in that jar, I LOVE everything! Especially the purple necklace :D Thank you so so much, Renee! :D

Sounds awesome...nice job, Renee! :)

image.jpg
Here is my Christmas stash from AeryFairy!! Everything from candy to chorizo to tea! Thank you so much, AF!!! Below is the beautiful ornament that also came in the package. It's the snowflake!

image.jpg

I confess, I opened mine a little early (so I didn't have to either take it to my mum's only to bring it back or, worse, WAIT)

In no particular order:
-Two Christmas flannels
-Cupcake kit with cases and toppers
-A home made Christmas tea blend which smells DIVINE
-A tea flower
-Some green tea
-Two little trinket boxes, one containing what I assume is bath salts (is it?), and the other containing some incredible jewellery (which is full of aniseed sweets in the picture)
-Two hand-made recipe books. One is for me to write my recipes in, and the other is full of Renee's own recipes which I can't wait to try!
-Hand-made Christmas cards and gift tags
-Candy canes
-A kit to make my own Christmas glitter snoopy decorations
-A jar of... Something. I haven't worked that one out yet... It has a spoon, so I'm tempted to eat it...

(Ignore the Rasmus DVD in the picture, it was just on the table when boyfriend took the pictures :p)

But, whatever's in that jar, I LOVE everything! Especially the purple necklace :D Thank you so so much, Renee! :D
YAY! I was so worried that between Canada Post and the Royal Mail it wouldn't make it there on time. I was acting as both of your secret santas and I hope you get to enjoy the things I've sent. :D

Yes, they are bath salts. I made them. :)

The little jar is maple butter. It's realllllly sweet, but really lovely.

Reactions: PTree15
GingerFoxx and I were given to eachother. I didn't realize it until I got the package from her, but she knew before she sent mine out because she'd already gotten the package I sent her. She knit me a lovely variegated scarf in the colors blue, yellow, and purple. I love the pattern! It looks like a flower every couple of stitches. If only my picture-taking abilities were working right now! I'd share with everyone. I've only been crocheting for less than a year, so I haven't experimented with a lot of different stitches yet. I've been testing out what I can do with a couple of basic stitches.

YAY! I was so worried that between Canada Post and the Royal Mail it wouldn't make it there on time. I was acting as both of your secret santas and I hope you get to enjoy the things I've sent. :D

Yes, they are bath salts. I made them. :)

The little jar is maple butter. It's realllllly sweet, but really lovely.

You MADE them?! That's so cool :D

What do you usually do with the maple butter? And, regarding the Christmas tea, do I just treat it like regular loose leaf tea?

Also, thanks again! I love everything! <3

GingerFoxx and I were given to eachother. I didn't realize it until I got the package from her, but she knew before she sent mine out because she'd already gotten the package I sent her. She knit me a lovely variegated scarf in the colors blue, yellow, and purple. I love the pattern! It looks like a flower every couple of stitches. If only my picture-taking abilities were working right now! I'd share with everyone. I've only been crocheting for less than a year, so I haven't experimented with a lot of different stitches yet. I've been testing out what I can do with a couple of basic stitches.

I am so glad you love it. I actually used three different colors of yarn, one yellow, one blue, and one that was a variegated a pastel rainbow. When you said you like yellow and blue, and were known to boldly wear rainbow items, I had no trouble at all picking the colors. I think I may actually knit myself a similar one with the leftover yarn, I loved the combination so much. For those who are curious, I used this pattern, one of my favorites: http://knitceterawhatever.blogspot.com/2007/10/holding-hands-feeding-ducks-pattern.html

As stated above, my match was Skylark. I received a purse crocheted from recycled plastic bags, and a couple booklets featuring poetry written by Skylark. I will no doubt be enjoying both for some time to come. They are such unique gifts. I am really glad we made the option to do handmade gifts this year. Please pardon the poor quality photo. The lighting in my room is terrible.

Attachments

• 122512 010.JPG
    122512 010.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 270
View attachment 1366
Here is my Christmas stash from AeryFairy!! Everything from candy to chorizo to tea! Thank you so much, AF!!! Below is the beautiful ornament that also came in the package. It's the snowflake!
]

Yally sent me some of those bear naked fruit gummy thingies last year. They were SO GOOD. Why can't we get good things like that in the states?

You MADE them?! That's so cool :D

What do you usually do with the maple butter? And, regarding the Christmas tea, do I just treat it like regular loose leaf tea?

Also, thanks again! I love everything! <3

You can spread it on American style pancakes or on toast. Anything you might want a sweet spread on, you can use it for. Very Canadian. The tea can be steeped like regular loose leaf tea. It's oolong mixed with all kinds of warm spices, so it may need to steep a little longer to let them come out.

I'm really thrilled you like it all! :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
Thanks you PiSis and my mystery sender (think I know who you are, waiting confirmation) for the awesome packages! I promise photos soon, been so sick the past two days barely have enough energy left to type after working all day today... Time for this... :sleepy:

Reactions: PiSis
My thanks to thefadedone. I loved everything! Will post a picture soon. I have been working. (Seriously envious of all the people who get time off this time of year!)

Reactions: thefadedone
They are delicious! It's so cool to get to try things that aren't available here, but, yes, it does make me wish we had those things in the states!

I really wish international shipping wasn't so damn expensive. There are so many US products that I would love to share with others.

Glad you liked it! These exchanges make me so happy :)
Me, too! It's such fun. Oh, and I LOVE those bourbon creme cookies! Man, they are so good. I am trying to parcel them out in reasonable portions. :D

Me, too! It's such fun. Oh, and I LOVE those bourbon creme cookies! Man, they are so good. I am trying to parcel them out in reasonable portions. :D

:D Those are my favourites. I can't buy them often, because I will honestly eat the whole pack in one sitting.