The Cat Lovers Thread

I hope she keeps the cat inside from now on.
She said his outdoor days are over- thankfully! We have coyotes around and I so worry about the cats!
DAMN- it looked like the cat used up several of his nine lives!!! The woman he belongs to said he'll stay indoors from now on, even though he appears to miss going outside.... but I was wondering if she would consider taking him out on a leash? There are the collars that go around a cat's neck, of course, but there are also models that are a sort of harness which go around the cat's shoulders and "armpits".

There are the collars that go around a cat's neck, of course, but there are also models that are a sort of harness which go around the cat's shoulders and "armpits".

Tom, have you ever walked your cats on a leash?

I have tried that on a few occasion with a harness as you describe, and my felines were less than enthusiastic about the experience ;)

Tom, have you ever walked your cats on a leash?

I have tried that on a few occasion with a harness as you describe, and my felines were less than enthusiastic about the experience ;)
Haha, when i was doing it to my kitties, they always acted like this :lol::

I hate to see the "pulling the cat" videos. Those cats are reacting that way because they're stressed.

Some (a very few) cats do great in harnesses. They have to have a certain type of personality to start with, and then you have to work with them at their pace.

For a multi cat household, it's much easier to just give them a really secure fresh air space.

I hate to see the "pulling the cat" videos. Those cats are reacting that way because they're stressed.

Some (a very few) cats do great in harnesses. They have to have a certain type of personality to start with, and then you have to work with them at their pace.

For a multi cat household, it's much easier to just give them a really secure fresh air space.
That's why we stopped using the leash: it was at least ineffective. Not every kitty is as smart as our our former cat Kuzya, who would follow you across the field for 5kms on the way to your destination point, and 5 more kms - on the way back; but we used to go for a walk with Lucy to the kindergarten beneath our house. It wasn't easy, as she was always trying to hide in a hole under the basement, or under some thick shrubs. Moreover, when we had 3 kitties at the same time (Kuzya, Pussy and Lucy), they lived with us at the country, and no one limited their walks around the place. It's pretty unsafe, but they were smart and always came back in the evening and for food.

Reactions: Mischief

No, indeed, you should not drag your cats like that.

My other experience was that some cats that I could not allow access to the outdoors at some time (e.g. new home or recovering from injury), tried to do a mad dash to get rid of the leash, and after that did not work, also simply refused to move any more. Dragging them would not really help in that case.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Mischief and Val
From VK. ("V Kontakte" is a popular social network over here). ...Cat Vasiliy has devoured a cake.:cat:🍰

"Om nom nom nom nom". - "Vasiliy, m@therf***er!"
IMG_20200209_135708.jpg

"Aaaaaaa!"
IMG_20200209_135722.jpg

"Don't touch me, you, b@stard!"
IMG_20200209_135742.jpg

IMG_20200209_135802.jpg

"I don't feel sorry for anything".
IMG_20200209_135818.jpg

"No regrets".
IMG_20200209_135836.jpg