The Cat Lovers Thread

Smokes still hates me. :( She hissed at me when I reached into where she was hiding earlier. I am telling BG to tell her to chill out! :D
Hopefully she will follow his lead. It’s good that you are not forcing the issue. I’m sure she’s very frightened. I think it is the right thing to do, give them their space and let them come to you in their own time.

Mine still hide from the vacuum and it’s been 6 and 7 years. Bratt is the least afraid. Stella the most and Joon is in the middle.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I haven't vacuumed since I got them. I am afraid to freak them out!
I rarely vacuum. I have mostly hardwood floors so I’m constantly sweeping and picking up hair by hand with a cloth. It’s very tedious but anything for my babies.
When I do vacuum I entice them into a bedroom with treats and shut the door. That way they aren’t startled where they have to go running to hide. They are already secured in a room.

Plus I think they have ptsd from when we were showing our house in New York. There was always a mad dash to clean and then they knew that meant into the carrier and the car so we could leave the potential buyers alone to check out the house lol.

I have used the hand vac to get up some crumbs and that didn't seem to bother BG. I have carpet in the living room and the bedroom. I just Swiffered the kitchen. There were some spots on the floor so I wet Swiffered too. Now it is cleaner!
Here are some pictures of BG. She stole my chair as I was working in the kitchen and she got up on the desk. You can clearly see how sparse her hair is. I think she is pretty relaxed now so I hope it grows back fast!

IMG_20201229_111107.jpg

IMG_20201229_084017.jpg

I have a soft spot for Tuxedo cats!

My Mimi has been having 'vertigo' again. Last time it was obvious she had another ear infection, this time not at all, but her ear was all gunked up, and very sensitive. We'd been messing with it to check and she never flinched till now! I hope it's just yet another infection.... She was better after the last infection, but she keeps getting them. This is the one that had the ear polyp surgery about two years back

happy vegan cats new year...this is ami on my wheelie refuse bins

happy no starving children vegan new year...AND ENJOY MY USA VEGAN DOG FOOD PICTURE...TRIED AND TESTED... I WOULD BUY EVOLUTION BUT NOT YET SOLD IN EUROPE MUCH I WILL TRY WHEN IN FRANCE V-DOG IS USA BRAND I ADD VERY CHEAP LIKE THE CHLORINATED USA CHICKEN ABOUT TO HIT UK SHELVES POST BREXIT...NO WELFARE STANDARDS FOR POULTRY IN THE USA...NOT MUCH IN THE UK...40 MILLION 1 DAY OLD MALE CHICKS GET SUFFOCATED TO DEATH IN THE UK EVERY YEAR AS NOT EGG LAYERS put in pet food that no pet needs to thrive on. slap in face.jpg

SERMON FOR NEW YEAR DAY..."EVERY MORSEL OF MEAT IS A SLAP IN THE FACE OF A STARVING CHILD"...

QUOTE OF WORLD BANKER PHILIP WOLLEN NEVER HEARD THE SERMON ? NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE OR DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THE SCREAMS... Text of Philip Wollen's 'Blazing Animal Rights Speech':King Lear, late at night on the cliffs asks the blind Earl of Gloucester, “How do you see the world?”And the blind man Gloucester replies “I see it feelingly”.And shouldn’t we all?

Animals must be off the menu because tonight they are screaming in terror in the slaughterhouses, in crates, and in cages. Vile ignoble gulags of despair.

You see, I heard the screams of my dying father as his body was ravaged by the cancer that killed him. And I realised I'd heard those screams before.In slaughterhouse, their eyes stabbed out and their tendons slashed, on the cattle ships to the Middle East and the dying mother whale as a harpoon explodes in her brain as she calls out to her calf.Their cries were the cries of my father.I discovered that when we suffer, we suffer as equals.And in their capacity to suffer, a dog is a pig is a bear is a boy.Meat today is the new asbestos – more murderous than tobacco. CO2, methane, and nitrous oxide from the livestock industry are killing our oceans with acidic, hypoxic dead zones.90% of small fish are ground up into pellets to feed to livestock.

vegan cat food benevo and ami packs.jpg

Vincent is a stray that has stayed with us several winters. You know Spring has arrived when he leaves. We are happy to be even a temporary home to him, but I hope he stays. He’s such a good boy.

Vinny timeline:

1st appeared November 2015
Vanished April 2016
Showed up November 2017
(20 months unaccounted for)

Vanished March 2018
Showed up November 2018
(8 months unaccounted for)

Vanished March 2019
Showed up December 2020
(21 months unaccounted for)

830E93ED-7323-429C-BE06-7CBFCCEE260A.jpeg