The Cat Lovers Thread

I had a friend over last week and he looks at me and he says "who's your best friend? " And I point to my cat Bruce. He's like I thought you would say your husband. Nope my cat Bruce. He's my snuggly best friend.

Attachments

• PXL_20220630_233604530.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220630_233604530.MP.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220630_012031234.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220630_012031234.MP.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My Selina has been hacking, like trying to bring up a hairball, but she can't get it out. She looks in so much discomfort when she does it (video on my fb) and I want to make her feel better. It is only every now and then. She behaves normally. We bought Sentry hairball relief. not sure if it is working. Any advice please.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
My Selina has been hacking, like trying to bring up a hairball, but she can't get it out. She looks in so much discomfort when she does it (video on my fb) and I want to make her feel better. It is only every now and then. She behaves normally. We bought Sentry hairball relief. not sure if it is working. Any advice please.
I hope I'm wrong, but it could be asthma. I'm probably wrong. I hope she'll be fine and that the product you got for her will help.

• Friendly
Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I went through an awful two weeks with Joon and her trying to cough up hairballs…I was getting ready to take her to the vet. But I kept giving her the hair all remedy and I bought tuna in oil and gave her a little each day. She finally stopped hacking. Now she just coughs one up every month or so. I brush frequently too to keep loose hair to a minimum.

I hope I'm wrong, but it could be asthma. I'm probably wrong. I hope she'll be fine and that the product you got for her will help.
I'd also consider asthma-my Dana had it and needed the same kind of maintenaince inhalor as i used to use. She had a little mask. My son got her to do much easier than I did.
Does she LOOK like needing to get out a hairball? Or more like huffing? Like not bowed over and heaving back and forth, but short spurts of a dry cough

• Friendly
Is it just me or is cat litter getting really expensive?
What kind? I haven't found that for the usual scoopable clay types. My cats won't use anything else.
I get Chewy brand 40 lb for like $16. I don't think it's changed

Purina Tidy Cats...it was $8 for 20lbs a couple years ago and it's been inching up regularly, just paid $13 for the first time today. Maybe time to switch brands.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Re cat litter…I try to be careful and not switch too often because I have two inappropriate pee-ers so I have to be careful. If I do have to switch, I try and mix the new one with the brand that they prefer. At this point, it’s been so hard to get the same litter every week, I don’t even remember which one they do like. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I used the chewy brand a few times…I should try it again.

I get the Chewy cat litter in a 20 lb bag for $8.25 with the auto ship discount which is better than the name brands at the stores. The food is what seems to be going up and up more than the litter!

Yeah she looks like she's trying to dry give a hairball out. It's mostly in the mornings.
The cat food that we've been buying for them has been missing. We get an Amazon subscribe and save on it. A friend of mine posted on FB and she said that it was nowhere and it is out on Amazon also. Seem like the substitute. And yeah she was doing the heaving before we substituted the food.

• Friendly