Animal Advocacy Taping of Farm Cruelty Becoming a Crime

I have heard about this... it is so disgusting that big corporations have so much power. I am from a farming state where I believe this law passed, and grew up on a small family farm where the animals were treated with respect. Corporate farms are all about profit and have driven most of the small farmers out of business. Labeling animal activists as "terrorists" is just so wrong. This is very disturbing. :(

From the article:
The American Farm Bureau Federation, which lobbies for the agricultural and meat industries, criticized the mistreatment seen on some videos. But the group cautions that some methods represent best practices endorsed by animal-care experts.

The videos may seem troubling to someone unfamiliar with farming, said Kelli Ludlum, the group’s director of Congressional relations, but they can be like seeing open-heart surgery for the first time.

“They could be performing a perfect procedure, but you would consider it abhorrent that they were cutting a person open,” she said.
If they truly are "best practices" and endorsed by animal-care experts, then these practices should not have a problem being scrutinized by the public. To continue the comparison with open-heart surgery, the public understands that while open-heart surgery is not for the faint hearted, it is necessary and performed with the consent of the person operated on. Furthermore, we don't make it illegal to film open-heart surgery, define such acts as terrorism, and throw the film-makers in prison.

Reactions: thefadedone
From the article:

If they truly are "best practices" and endorsed by animal-care experts, then these practices should not have a problem being scrutinized by the public. To continue the comparison with open-heart surgery, the public understands that while open-heart surgery is not for the faint hearted, it is necessary and performed with the consent of the person operated on. Furthermore, we don't make it illegal to film open-heart surgery, define such acts as terrorism, and throw the film-makers in prison.

Exactly.