Taco Bell removes 7 Layer Burrito from menu

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
In a July 17th press release, Taco Bell stated that it will be removing its famously vegetarian (and vegan customizable) 7-Layer Burrito and Spicy Potato Soft Taco from its menu: https://www.tacobell.com/news/taco-bell-is-revamping-its-menu

Taco Bell is also removing its Grilled Steak Soft Taco from the menu, so I guess the omnivores are unhappy too.

Del Taco, gawd bless 'em, is still serving all of its veg items: DEL TACO

Look at this Del Taco monster. It has both Beyond Meat veg meat (top) and beans (bottom).

1595798959479.png

Last edited:
I suppose that is what they call American-sized, @David3 ! Looks delicious, although I think I would prefer something a bit more modest myself.

Del Taco doesn't seem to have any restaurants near Chicago, which is where I tend to go when in the US, but they have several locations around Detroit.

Reactions: David3
I think it's weird that they removed the 7 layer burrito AND tostada even though they recently added a vegetarian menu? Taco Bell is still customizable (even through DoorDash on-line) and is the most widely known fast food taco chain. I'm not sure that Del Taco even exists outside of California and Nevada. It's not unusual for California-specific businesses to be ahead of the rest of the country.